Opinions on best semi auto shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on best semi auto shotgun

I looking to replace my browning silver hunter and would like to keep it under $1500. I would like to hear from actual owners, what they like and dislike about their gun. I was raised used a sears ted Williams, and it was an extension of my eye, if I was looking, it died. My browning silver isn’t that, I can’t hit poop with it. Let me know what you have and Merry Christmas Bit****!

Browning Gold Hunter!

Comment

My dad has a Benelli M2 that I really like. I think you can get a new one from $1,200-$1,350.

Comment

Of course stick with the three B's... Browing, Benelli, Beretta. I shoot a silver hunter myself for dove and upland game and shoot a A5 Wicked Wing for waterfowl. As you can tell I'm a Browning fan. I shot a Benelli SBE2 and it was a good gun.

I'll add, no matter what shotgun you purchase or own for that matter, take time to pattern it and see where you are shooting. May be an easy fix for the silver hunter. Of course, you may be looking for an excuse to purchase another gun and I can't blame you there

Comment

I have a Beretta A400 Xtreme, and LOVE it for waterfowl.

Comment

Remington 11-87

Comment

Find a used Benelli super sport or sport II. I absolutely love mine. They are worth every penny. New they cost 1800-2000 but used and in good shape you might find it close to that 1500 mark.

Comment

I have an older Remington 11-87. It's the premier with the engraving, pretty wood, and gold trigger. I shoot it well, but it has a lot of sentimental value to me so I don't like taking it out and running it hard anymore. I'm looking to replace it here soon, I've been eyeballing a beretta a300 outlander. I really want wood stocks, but don't want to break the bank. Another option is the Remington v3, but the way Remington has gone the last 10 years makes me want to stay away from that one. I will be keeping up with this for the responses, even though your budget is higher than mine.

If I had 1500 to drop on a shotgun right now, it would be a beretta a400 xpolr action. I love the way that gun looks, and like all beretta semi autos you can shim the stock for cast and drop to really make it fit the shooter.

Comment

I got over 20,000 rds thru my a400 extreme. That's shooting sporting clays and hunting. I shot 650rds last week sporting clays

Comment

Sbe 3...

Comment

Benelli Super Black eagle II. Mine has taken a beating. Watefowling, dove hunting and turkey hunting but it still performs awesome and no kick with the 3-1/2” shells. I clean it about every 4 or 5 hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Any that you shoot well and function reliably.

Comment

The outfitters in Argentina provide Berreta and Benellis.

I would give the edge in reliability to the Benelli, but the Beretta seems like a more refined gun IMO. Smoother with less recoil.
                          I own both, but I prefer Beretta.

Comment

I've had great luck with Berettas over the past 15 years.

Comment

I have a Beretta A 400 unico with K/O its been a great gun. I use it for dove and sporting clays. I have about 2000 rounds through it been great.

Comment

Working...
                              X