Let's See your Wood Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's See your Wood Shop

Finally setting up my wood shop. Post of pictures of your woodworking shop.

In for this

Comment

ttt

Comment

In!...hope to see some creative tool organization ideas. I rarely work wood, metal is my poison, but still have tools everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
          In!...hope to see some creative tool organization ideas. I rarely work wood, metal is my poison, but still have tools everywhere.
          So my plan is french cleats like this. http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...h-cleat-shelf/

I hate shelves because i just end up cluttering them and never cleaning.

This way they are removable if i change layouts.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
            So my plan is french cleats like this. http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...h-cleat-shelf/

I hate shelves because i just end up cluttering them and never cleaning.

This way they are removable if i change layouts.

That's pretty neat. I like the idea of being able to change it around as tools change.

Comment

Here are two pics of mine when i first built it. Very unorganized at the time. It has changed a little. First pic is a pano pic so it looks a little off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	24474741

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	24474742

Comment

I like that cleat idea posted about for power tools. While working in the oil field the shop used a peg board and outline or traced which tool went where. So you could physically see what tool when where and if something was missing from the board. Similar to this.

Comment

Lots of info on YT for that style systems. Contemplating going that route for some of mine since I'm redoing my shop

FRENCH CLEAT

Comment

nice

Comment

Kevin--I wish. My shop is tiny and with all the machines in it, very little room to move around easily. Also has a 6.5' ceiling which I'm always poking with boards. Smaller shop has one advantage though--keeps you from collecting/accumulating too much wood, and is quicker to clean.

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
                        Lots of info on YT for that style systems. Contemplating going that route for some of mine since I'm redoing my shop

FRENCH CLEAT
                        Thanks for this. Know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Comment

French Cleat thing is awesome!

Comment

Good video!

Comment

Does anyone use the french cleat system currently? It seems like it would be great, but I also have a tendency to over-complicate things. I'm afraid it would take years for me to get it where I want it to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X