No announcement yet.

Another boat rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the fuel lines. We just recently bought an 86 model V4 90hp. Under full throttle we started having gas leaks from the pressure. New lines all the way around and runs like a top. I see lots of potential with this new/old boat.

Comment

I have a poling platform that may work for you if that is something that interests you. It is in my back yard in Port Neches and I'm sure my wife would like it moved, so it could be had for cheap.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
        I have a poling platform that may work for you if that is something that interests you. It is in my back yard in Port Neches and I'm sure my wife would like it moved, so it could be had for cheap.

Tim
        I'm very interested in the platform, might be a couple weeks before I can get over there to get it, but interested for sure

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm feeling it.
          Great boat to build on and I like where its headed.
          Your Dad will be pleased, too.

Tim's platform is nice, if it fits would be a great addition.
          Good luck!

Comment

Cool build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

So I've got some motor problems. On the water hose and earmuffs, it runs like a scalded ape. in the water it barely starts, when it does it idles rough. It runs a little better with motor tilted way up. Any ideas?

Comment

Mentioning the tilt issue almost sounds like a fuel pump or carb issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
                  Mentioning the tilt issue almost sounds like a fuel pump or carb issue.
                  I would start with the carb and unless those new lines that were put on before it was stored are ethanol safe I would go ahead and replace em to avoid more problems. It's not if the ethanol messes them up just when.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                    So I've got some motor problems. On the water hose and earmuffs, it runs like a scalded ape. in the water it barely starts, when it does it idles rough. It runs a little better with motor tilted way up. Any ideas?

When mine struggled to run and bogged under a load it needed a carb job.
                    Not related to the issues, but swap out that old impeller, too.

Comment

interesting

Comment

I had a 1974 70 ho johnson. Same thing happened to me and just needed a carb job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I'm back on this project, talked to an aluminum guy this week. He's going to put a floor, float boxes, center console, and extend the front deck with storage. He gets the boat Friday. Until then, I'm tinkering. Almost got all of the paint off. Then will be on to removing little crap, like lights and stuff. Should be fish ready by middle of may.

Comment

Good luck on the refurb . I'll be watching. One thing about aluminum vs. plastic boats, it could be around a lot longer.

#Imabeercanboatowner

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Good luck on the refurb . I'll be watching. One thing about aluminum vs. plastic boats, it could be around a lot longer.

#Imabeercanboatowner
                              I hope it lasts forever, I'm a tight wad. And don't want to have to buy another.

Comment

My first mfg boat was a 1946 Silverline flatbottom V-nose about 13'-10" long. My grandfather's neighbor bought it after the WWII. Both were pilots. My grandfather went with him when he bought it. And the story goes:

Neighbor: "Do you think an aluminum boat will last?"
                                My grandfather: "Well, their making airplanes out of it now..."

I bought the boat from the neighbor widow some years after the owner passed. I had been using it at my grandfather's lake house for about 15 years before that since it rested on the neighbor's property. Bought it in '92. Sold it in 2000. Silverline went on to become a yacht company after the war.

Comment

Working...
                                X