No announcement yet.

Alaskan Moose Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck brother, look forward to the updates and pics!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
      Good luck brother, look forward to the updates and pics!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      Thanks Adam, I appreciate it!

Comment

Good luck man I'm jealous. But also anxious to see the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
          Thank you. Budget wise it's more affordable than most would think. With this being DIY, it makes it a lot less painful on the wallet. Now if it's more about talking the wife in to letting you go, that's a whole other ballgame.
          What kind of $$$ are we talking bout to DIY moose hunt, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric24 View Post
            Good luck man I'm jealous. But also anxious to see the pics.
            Thanks Eric. I'll do my best to provide great photos and video

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
              What kind of $$$ are we talking bout to DIY moose hunt, just curious.
              If I come home with a moose, I'll be right under 7 grand for the whole trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting here at Wrights Air Service in Fairbanks waiting to be flown out to the bush.
                Will be hunting Fred Bears old stomping grounds. About 50 degrees.
                Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                  Sitting here at Wrights Air Service in Fairbanks waiting to be flown out to the bush.
                  Will be hunting Fred Bears old stomping grounds. About 50 degrees.
                  Good luck to everyone.
                  Good luck TexasTK!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                    This is on my bucket list although I definitely want to take a good bull with my bow. Some of the hunting videos I've seen are incredible and I can only imagine having a huge bull moose up close and personal. Best of luck to y'all and please do a follow up hunt recap when you return to civilization. Man I'm jealous.
                    When are we going?! Been on my bucket list as long as I can remember.

Comment

Do your brother in law and his father want to adopt me so I can get an invite next year?

Good luck!

Comment

Ive done two and am on deck to leave for my third next Thursday. I can give you some insights as to cost from Anchorage out to the bush and back.

My first trip was to Dillingham then out to an unnamed lake/river. The flight to Dillingham was round $400 each plus $1,900 total for the Beaver flight. We shipped a raft out and back for about $120/each way. Food was a combination of Mountain House, and other durable foods that would keep for 10-12 days so figure another $400 total. Odds and ends like white gas, bear spray, etc maybe another $100.00. Grand total for two of us was $3,200.00.
                        We were not successful although we saw 6 bulls. I didn't see one that was legal and in range for my tag.

Last year we went to a cabin a friend of mine owns out of Kashwitna(near Willow) I drove to Willow, got in a float plane ($900) total and flew out for 10 days. Same food costs, plus we paid $500 for cabin improvements. Total cost for two was $1,900. Again no dead moose, we saw 10 bulls, only one was legal for me but he wouldn't cooperate.

The trip next week is $400 to Bethel each, then the bush flight is $2,600.00.00 Same food costs and odds and ends will double due to the logistics of "Bethel". We shipped a 2 hp kicker motor out for $300.00 So total for this trip is $4,600 split for two guys. This does not include a meat flight back if we kill a second moose, that would be another $2,600.00 to Bethel and does not include getting it back to Anchorage.

It also does not include things like the cost of the raft, motor, inreach, solar chargers, sleeping bags, cots, tent, stove, optics, bows etc.

Comment

Sounds awesome good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            Do your brother in law and his father want to adopt me so I can get an invite next year?

Good luck!
                            Lol I will ask them

Comment

Nothing glamorous, but at the airport. The trip is starting...

Comment

Can't forget the bow...

Comment

Working...
                                X