Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hilarious

Comment

one downfall I remember from the wooden ladder stands I built.....that's one heavy mother right there. You better have help or a whole lotta ***** to haul that thing through the woods. here in GA the dammit vines make you give it an extra special effort!

Comment

I feel there's nothing more satisfying then to build something yourself!

Good job...

Comment

looks good, cheap also

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Nice work!

(Just be sure to spend part of what you saved on a safety harness!)

Michael
            X2!!! Safety harness is a must!

Comment

Don't use them. You might die!

Comment

Originally posted by Sporty87 View Post
                Good job ER. Ya did yourself proud. How do you attach your stands to the tree? Used cable, chain or bailing wire?
                Baling wire and duct tape

Actually, we use lagbolts to attach a 2x6 nice and straight between 2 trees, then bolt to that. We put another crossmember lower between the trees so that it strengthens everything, and put 2 2x4 braces about the middle.
                Our trees are small, so we find that bracing 2 together gives us much more strength.
                Any branches we have to cut off the front to get the stands in, we screw or ziptie behind the stand to break up the silhouette and add cover.

Depending on where deer are coming from this year, we may pull the garden chairs and add the IKEA office chairs to allow swivels.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporty87 View Post
                  Good job ER. Ya did yourself proud. How do you attach your stands to the tree? Used cable, chain or bailing wire?
                  Is this Tink under a different screen name? Nothing wrong with building something for yourself. I guess since you didn't spend a bunch of $ at Bass Pro Shops it is just a hillbilly death contraption. I dig it.
                  Last edited by BIG IRON; 08-18-2009, 08:45 PM. Reason: poor spelling

Comment

I can't ever think of wanting to use a pallet for a tree stand platform, its always left-over wood that can't be graded for consumer/construction use. I wouldn't trust it unless it was braced and double braced and sheeted with plywood..........

Comment

Those are awesome.

Comment

I have a pallet stand hanging from chains in a tree. Killed a lot of deer out of it.
                        It seems that my deer don't particularly care about how good my stand looks. They all die just as dead as the ones I shoot from a store bought stand! Just be safe and secure them good.

Comment

Looks like you use what you have. Some have $$$'s to throw at a hobbie. You use the resources you have. Good for you.

LWR2

Comment

I like!!!

I remember when a comfortable deer stand was a 1x6 instead of a 1x4 nailed to a limb!

Comment

looks good

Comment

Old school!

Comment

Working...
                                X