Lower Rio Grande Valley NWR - Teniente Bow Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
    They are very tough, even the cows! Are y’all hunting out of ground blinds or tripods? Or just sitting the ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just sitting on the ground backed up to cover as best as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
      Just sitting on the ground backed up to cover as best as possible.

That’s what I figured, same as I’m doing and if I’m not seeing much I make a move. I really wish they’d open up some turkey tags for that property, I’ve had em just about every turn I make.

Comment

That’s what I figured, same as I’m doing and if I’m not seeing much I make a move. I really wish they’d open up some turkey tags for that property, I’ve had em just about every turn I make.

Yep we saw about 30 yesterday

Comment

Please tell me y’all got to hunt in the snow this morning. We got a lot here in San Marcos.

Comment

Originally posted by jakefromtx View Post
            Please tell me y’all got to hunt in the snow this morning. We got a lot here in San Marcos.

I couldn’t hunt this morning, I’ll be there this afternoon though, should be perfect weather for a Deer or nilgai to take a dirt nap.

Comment

Winter Wonderland!

Comment

In route, be there in 10

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                  Winter Wonderland!
                  That's ******.

Comment

Animals are up and moving now that the snow and rain are gone. Although I haven't seen anything, the other 3 in my group are. One took a 70y shot at a cow, he missed low. Other saw a bull across the way that didn't come in. He did take a shot at a cow, only shot he was given was through a cactus. He was trying to thread the needle but think he hit cactus. The 3rd had a doe come out at 10 yards, she ran when he pulled his bow up.

Comment

Amazing to think of that place with snow on it!

Comment

I haven’t seen anything today, hoping to see movement soon

Comment

Jumped in my jeep and made a move, not even 5 minutes In I see what appeared to be a buck cross the road. Gonna sit here a while an see what happens

Comment

Jumped in my jeep and made a move, not even 5 minutes In I see what appeared to be a buck cross the road. Gonna sit here a while an see what happens

Looks like you made the right move then, wait it out and hope you connect

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                              Looks like you made the right move then, wait it out and hope you connect

Just had two does come through my lane at 40 yards, they didn’t stop so I couldn’t get a shot

Comment

So what are yalls game plans? Hunting the mowed down lanes, game trails, or open fields?

Comment

Working...
                                X