No announcement yet.

Old sabine bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think with the river being out of the banks, the opportunity for some good duck hunting would exist. Anyone know if that is the case?

Comment

OSBWMA has been under water most of the season. 1804 is still under water as of today! There are lots and lots of ducks, but finding a way to get to them is tough.
      As far as game, There are some good deer and lots of hogs in normal years. This for this year with 20 plus inches over a normal year, hunting has been tough. Most game has moved up to higher ground, Pic of my stand on North side!
      SEE YA NEXT YEAR!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Anyone been out since the floods? Wondered if anything even moved back into the woods... other than hogs?

Comment

Killed a hog with the muzzeloader out there this weekend. There's been a crazy amount of people hunting out there this year. Even on weekdays there are several trucks parked along the road. Haven't seen any deer but the pigs are back to some extent.
          Last edited by Felix40; 10-17-2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH]819382[/ATTACH]

Comment

How bad is the switch cane this year? Didn't know what floods did to it

Comment

I haven't really paid much attention but now that you mention it I think one area I usually walk past has less cane than usual. Its still been pretty muddy out there especially with the rain we got at the end of the week.

Comment

No water now!! River is almost dry!

Comment

Probably will be heading out here in the next few weeks to do a little scouting. 2 years ago I heard only 2 deer were taken. Last year from the FB site, I think a total of 5 were taken. Numbers should look a little better as the area recovers from previous floods.

Comment

There is a lot of thistle on all the roads they mow. Its mostly waist high so be prepared for that. Lots of unharrassed hogs out there this time of year too.

Comment

I hunted it with my brother back in March, and again with a buddy in May, going after pigs both hunts, and came home with pork both hunts. We saw deer nearly every time we walked a trail, and could hardly spit without hitting a hog. I'll be out there again this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
                          I hunted it with my brother back in March, and again with a buddy in May, going after pigs both hunts, and came home with pork both hunts. We saw deer nearly every time we walked a trail, and could hardly spit without hitting a hog. I'll be out there again this fall.
                          So will everyone else with this reply. People love getting this kind of info, good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                            So will everyone else with this reply. People love getting this kind of info, good luck!

Well then, they're welcome! I hope they all have great hunts.

Jeez, sour grapes much?

To be fair, I don't really care about deer on public lands, I'm primarily a hog hunter on public, and I don't care how much pressure the places get, hog populations are not going down any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
                              Well then, they're welcome! I hope they all have great hunts.

Jeez, sour grapes much?

To be fair, I don't really care about deer on public lands, I'm primarily a hog hunter on public, and I don't care how much pressure the places get, hog populations are not going down any time soon.
                              Doesn't make a difference to me, some people just post a ton of info then complain about pressure. The good luck was genuine, no sour grapes here!

Comment

Has a single bow killed deer been achieved this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X