Gender reveal parties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Do you dress up like a girl and go to baby showers also?

Yep definitely a millennials thing.

Comment

If you're into get togethers, i think any excuse is fine or no excuse at all.

Comment

I've been to a few and had one with ours. Good time. Good excuse to get together and celebrate with friends. All that ive been around were lots of good food and drinks with a surprise of some sort as simple as cutting a cake with a pink or blue inside to shooting tannerite, 1 was a huge smokebomb, sparklers etc.
        If you take away the gender reveal part ours are basically you're everyday bbq or crawfish party

Comment

Enjoy the baby shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I assumed a gender reveal was on the same level with a baby shower. More of a girl thing than something for guys to enjoy. Like I said after seeing all the fun they had today, I wish I could have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I didn't wait until my kids where born to find out, but I dang sure didn't expect people to come over for any kind of announcement party.

Anyway,,,,
              I thought these days your suppose to wait until the kid is old enough to decide what it wants to be. SMH.
              This cracked me up^^^^^

Comment

Ive made every birth, birthday, and school event for my kids, grandkids, and will for my great grandson. Reread my post it was planned by my daughter in law and the games and activities she had planned, NOBODY wanted to come. It was more her party than my granddaughters. By the way granddaughter offered to come help after the party if we hadn’t got him back home, so the impression I’ve made on my kids and grandkids is good

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                  Y’all need to loosen up a bit.
                  I know, old school I guess. When I read the title I thought he was coming out of the closet.:

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                    Some of you are knocking something without even thinking about it. When people used to find out the gender of their child it was only the mom and whoever was at the ultrasound. I don’t have kids yet, but finding that out sure seems like a special moment. People are now sharing that special moment with friends and family. Maybe I’m not old and grumpy enough yet to see how any of that is a bad thing.

I’m still wondering what’s wrong with finding out and telling everyone when they are born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      I know, old school I guess. When I read the title I thought he was coming out of the closet.:
                      You win!

Never been and have zero interest in attending one.

Comment

Guess Im odd man out here. We had one and it was an absolute blast. Any time you can spend with family is good for me. Got briskets going in the morning with screwdrivers and bloody marys. BS'd and drank beer with good folks. In the end, I drew my bow back and popped a blue balloon. Ill never be ashamed to say I had gender reveal!

Comment

Genius marketing by the Tannerite folks! They had a shelf full of pink and blue Tannerite at Academy

Comment

Comment

I didn't realize puritanism was so widespread in the south. I'd like to apologize on behalf of the OP to all those whose religion beliefs are offended by other people having a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post

My daughter did it earlier this year. They didn’t know the gender of the baby until the reveal also. My grandson loves baseball, so they let him reveal what his sibling would be with a paper baseball loaded with chalk on a tee. It was so neat. (Videos won’t post on here, otherwise I’d post the video)

My son did the same, he was a baseball player so his wife threw him a fast ball, it was pink, we now have a 1 year old grand daughter.

Comment

Working...
                                X