No announcement yet.

Weight loss competition for 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m down. Let me know when we are starting and where to sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
      When I ran this before, it was based on percentage lost and required a weekly weigh in with a picture. It was a long term completion going from January through June (6 months).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      That works for me. Would be interested again

Comment

Hmmm, sounds interesting. I'm curious. I need to drop 45 lbs.

Comment

I'm in for 20. That's 20 I won't spend on fast food.

Comment

I lost 49lbs guys June thru September. Going back on low carb in January. I put 8 lbs back on over the holidays and deer camp food. Goal is 12-15 lbs more lbs. I want to hit 188 and would be really excited to hit 185 but that might be too light. Good luck to you all!

Comment

I'm interested...I'm a fatty and need to get into better shape

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                Previously, I set up a separate website for this competition and only those who were participants could access through the use of a password. I would not want people to have to post their weights here on TBH. If it's a competition, then each person would pay a nominal entry fee (probably $20) and the pot would be part of the winnings, along with any items that are donated.

The way we did this before was that each person would take a beginning picture of their scale, with a sheet of paper showing the date and a key word. Then, each week the competitors would take another pic of the scale with them on it and a paper with the date and a new key word.

At the end, the person with the highest percentage lost would win. We might have secondary prizes for most weight lost, etc.

This is open to men and women, so if your spouse wants in, that's fine too.

I'm just gauging interest at this point.

I think I donated to this a few years back. I would do it again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm in. Biggest I've ever been. Hip pain has been horrible hoping getting some weight off will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Interested!

Comment

I'll look into our options later today.

Comment

I'm in, just let me know.....

Comment

I know it be hard to get an accurate number. But what about bf%. As someone who plans to lift while dieting, my hope would be that I would add lean muscle mass as well as losing fat. So just going by the scale number would not reflect the fat loss and then replaced with muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody903 View Post
                              I know it be hard to get an accurate number. But what about bf%. As someone who plans to lift while dieting, my hope would be that I would add lean muscle mass as well as losing fat. So just going by the scale number would not reflect the fat loss and then replaced with muscle.
                              I'm not sure we could get accurate enough numbers for that. I'll look into it and see how it works.

Comment

To the top

Comment

Working...
                                X