Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As my good friend Johnny Bush says...... Dos Tacos De Chorizo Por Favor

Comment

I'm so confused..... I thought they were called taquitos???

I like going to a place where they don't speak English, tortillas are homemade and you're not quite sure how hot the hot sauce is going to be today.....and yes they are called tacos.

Comment

I don't care what you call it, just don't forget the papas y frijoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is time to end this great debate once and for all. It's the infamous debate that really only gets fellow San Antonions and Austinites riled up when we are faced with West Texans: Breakfast tacos vs. breakfast burritos. To some they may think that they are one in the same, but I am here to tell yo...

Tacos vs. Burritos: The Great Breakfast Debate

It is time to end this great debate once and for all. It's the infamous debate that really only gets fellow San Antonions and Austinites riled up when we are faced with West Texans: Breakfast tacos vs. breakfast burritos. To some they may think that they are one in the same, but I am here to tell you that you are wrong. They are two completely different breakfast foods. Take a look at this breakdown.

The Burrito

A breakfast burrito is when various ingredients (bacon, egg, cheese, salsa, potatoes, etc.) are all combined together and rolled up into an oversized tortilla. A burrito is a complex thing, and there is a lot that goes into these guys. Also, in the way that the burrito is rolled up, you are bound to get a mouth-full of tortilla on that first bite.

The Taco

A breakfast taco on the other hand is simple yet beautiful. Instead of having a lot of different stuff mixed together into one being, you instead just have the basics. When you order a "bacon and egg" it's just that: bacon and egg. You don't have to worry about there being salsa, cheese, etc. unless you order it in addition. You get exactly what you ask for, without any surprises. Also, since a standard size tortilla is used and is simply folded over, there is no overpowering presence of tortilla when you take a bite. You are able to have more of the stuff inside, and less of the overpowering tortilla.

So that, my friends, is the difference between the two. They are not the same, so be sure to distinguish what you are wanting. However, if you call a breakfast burrito a taco, beware, because I am sure that a fellow San Antonian and Austinite will be quick to correct you.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Taco....burrito is some west coast homo slang!

Haha!

Taco. Period.

Comment

I've always called them breakfast tacos. My girlfriend is from Midland and calls them breakfast burritos, I'm slowly breaking her of that habit Seems like north of I-20 everything is just a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I don't care what you call it, just don't forget the papas y frijoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                x2.....Well said Dale

Comment

Breakfast Tacos!!! Burritos are for people from California.

Comment

I always say tacos as well.....

The other debate I have is about fajitas.

Comment

Taco

Taco are for Texasans , burrito are for California folks

You get burritos at taco bell
                      You get tacos from the Mexican joint down the road
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-19-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Breakfast tacos!

Comment

Taco.

Burritos are El Paso to Cali. Its a liberal wrap. Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                            I'm so confused..... I thought they were called taquitos???

I like going to a place where they don't speak English, tortillas are homemade and you're not quite sure how hot the hot sauce is going to be today.....and yes they are called tacos.
                            Taquito means little taco. The small. Orn ones with cilantro and onions. Not for breakfast.

Comment

This is a standard yearly debate in our coaches office. The northern fellas call them burritos when they are truly tacos

Had me two breakfast tacos this morning.

Comment

McDonalds calls them burritos as well.
                                Burritos are much bigger that tacquitos in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X