No announcement yet.

West Texas Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between Rocksprings and Sonora here. Season started with a bang in October. Bucks have since scattered into their normal pre rut erratic patterns. No signs of rut yet, although the young bucks are trying to speed up the process.

Comment

Anyone!! Prices

Comment

any luck west texas hunters?

Comment

Hey guys. For those that have hunted the paint mare ranch by dryden, can you give your opinion on the hunting out there? Deer population, varmits, etc...

We bought the property real cheap without looking at it(I know..I know). It is roughly 5 miles down Bendle rd. This is the first time we have been to the place. It is flat with nothing but brush. No trees, no draws, canyons, etc..

I was a astounded by the amount of hunters and their proximities.

We set up the feeder and camera just to see what is out there. We are heading back there after the season to check on it.

If anyone has hunted this area, I would love to hear about it. Thx

Comment

Its almost that time again. How are things looking at your places?

Comment

Comment

noting huge yet but some decent bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! Hopefully our season is better this year. We saw a lot of movement at our place in bow season. In the general season we saw very little movement.

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                    noting huge yet but some decent bucks

What county are those in?

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                      i posted earlier about not getting to go until this last weekend. The GF and I made it out Friday afternoon and checked two cameras that I was really interested in. One, the batteries had gone dead and the second had a lot of activity with a couple of good bucks.

My lease isn't set up to bow hunt very well, but we took them anyway. Put her in a stand with her rifle for pigs/sheep/javalinas and she had a blast. Saturday morning we sat in the same spots. This time I had hogs out past the feeder at 168 yards. Long story short, I killed one and couldn't' find the other. That was fun! Saturday was spent on stand repair as mine had blown over earlier in the year and still wasn't completely repaired. Finished that, took a nap, and headed back out. She still saw lots of deer but no pigs. I saw two does and that was it.

Sunday morning we went up top. She sat in a friends stand. Saw a ton of deer but no pigs or sheep. I sat in my stand and saw some pretty good action. a couple of nice bucks that may be great in a couple years. The batteries had died in the camera so I replaced them on Friday. Pulled the card on Sunday morning and looked at it when I got back home. This is what I found...

[ATTACH]821442[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]821443[/ATTACH]

He was on camera last year and made it through the season. Glad to see he was still in the area. He is this years target buck for sure.
                      Did that guy ever get a tag put on him?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                        Did that guy ever get a tag put on him?

Nope! I'm going out this weekend to check feeders/camera and see if he's still around. I have two or three pics of him. One was mid November during the day and the other two are the night time pics. I'm pretty sure i have pics of him from the prior two years as well. That buck doesn't have a pattern that I can see.

Unless the guys on the lease next door whacked him and I haven't heard about it.

Comment

I'm heading West tomorrow night and will report back Friday. Hope some good bucks are posing on the game cams!!!

Comment

Have a friend who hunts Terrell Co and just checked cameras and has a monster WT at his spot. Made my mouth drool big time!!!

Comment

I am chomping at the bit to go. This week can't go fast enough. Leaving Friday morning by 0800. Hope to be at the lease by 1400. I'll make my customary food/gas stop in Ozona and then haul @ss! I just hope they have fuel.

Comment

I dont think there is any fuel issue west of SA....

Now I'm gonna have to post and ask though!

Comment

Working...
                                X