West Texas Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Texas Hunters

Roll call for hunters that hunt West Texas! Where do you hunt and how has your season been so far? I hunt in Dryden and hopefully get out there next weekend.

Also in Dryden. Going the last week in October. Cant wait !

Comment

season is a few days old...its going...

Comment

Hunt south of ozona seeing a lot of deer no shooters yet

Comment

Northwest Crockett County. 9 miles from the Pecos county line.

Comment

Just west of El Dorado but I haven't hunted yet.

Comment

Just south of Ozona. Went out opening weekend but only had 2 sets. Had deer everywhere though and a few at 3-4 yards...

Comment

Yoakum County mule deer November 19-27 bucks are starting to show

Comment

Good to hear some of you guys are seeing activity.

Comment

north central crockett co
                    didnt see much opening morning, seems like when we get really solid rain the deer dont come to corn nearly as much

Comment

Northeast of Dryden...

Haven't made it out there yet. Other lease members going out to fill feeders (we feed year round and its their turn). The GF and I are going out the weekend of the 21st.

I'm gonna miss the gun opener too due to work. I'll prolly go back out the second and third weekends in November and then back the first two weekends in December. Last year the big boys were really rutting hard around December 18.

I've had several good ones on camera, but I got two bucks in mind this year. One is a huge 9. Main beams go out nearly past his nose, tall tines, good mass. The other is a big 10 with nearly as long main beams as the nine. He only showed up at my stand twice. Mid November and then the day AFTER the general season closed.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                        Haven't made it out there yet. Other lease members going out to fill feeders (we feed year round and its their turn). The GF and I are going out the weekend of the 21st.

I'm gonna miss the gun opener too due to work. I'll prolly go back out the second and third weekends in November and then back the first two weekends in December. Last year the big boys were really rutting hard around December 18.

I've had several good ones on camera, but I got two bucks in mind this year. One is a huge 9. Main beams go out nearly past his nose, tall tines, good mass. The other is a big 10 with nearly as long main beams as the nine. He only showed up at my stand twice. Mid November and then the day AFTER the general season closed.
                        You hunt in Paint Mare by any chance?

Comment

I'm east of Pandale, my first year. I couldn't believe the activity this weekend. I had deer either waiting on or running to the feeder when it went off. I've never seen anything like it. Monday morning I had a 9 point waiting on it to go off, 30 min before it went off. When it did, he only tensed his body didn't move until it stopped throwing corn. Then he started eating. Small young bucks were sparing all weekend. It was a awesome weekend.

Comment

Between Sheffield and Sanderson. I won't go until Thanksgiving

Comment

North of Dryden here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X