Gum Slough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gum Slough

hey everyone, first time public land hunter here. anybody hunt gum slough in Liberty? any stories, advice? Thanks

I never knew what a slough was till I went there . It should be called mud slough. I scouted there last year a couple days .lots of sign small property. I hung a camera and it got flooded .totally under water . Card was still good got a few deer (can't hunt them there)a couple hogs and ducks.it was only up a few days before the rain hit. There where othe hunters there each time I went. Not a bad place really .wouldn't call it low pressure

Comment

Originally posted by The Big One View Post
      I never knew what a slough was till I went there . It should be called mud slough. I scouted there last year a couple days .lots of sign small property. I hung a camera and it got flooded .totally under water . Card was still good got a few deer (can't hunt them there)a couple hogs and ducks.it was only up a few days before the rain hit. There where othe hunters there each time I went. Not a bad place really .wouldn't call it low pressure
      I went out there for the first time a few days ago. it's super thick right now. I've seen a couple trucks there previously but nobody was there sunday. I haven't seen or heard many people talk about it but what I have seen is that the GW says there are definitely hogs, and I've seen hogs run over on the road, but that it's a tough hunt for them. Most people I think go there for the squirrels.

Comment

finally got to do a little hunting here. I don't think all the boundaries are clearly marked so I try to stay conservative in my movements. There's definitely been hogs (several rutted and wallowed spots) but I haven't seen any hogs physically. My first day squirrel hunting was a bust, the next morning I got one and there was no more movement that morning.

Comment

What are you allowed to hunt with and what animals?

Comment

Can hunt squirrel, rabbit, and hogs. Archery only on hogs. Just joined the forum today once i got home. Hunt ended early when my boot slipped while crossing a creek on the east side. Boot full of water and 20 degree weather ... anywho haven't seen any squirrels yet, nor rabbits. Found hogs first time out there, but only had my shotgun at the time.

Comment

Can't make a new post due to post count, but anyone actually have success here? I've found trails that seemed fairly old and theres some obvious high traffic areas, but seems the hogs may be nocturnal? Its close to Houston so its fun to get out in the woods regardless but it'd be nice to bring back some pig.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but really interested in an update on this place, has anyone had any luck with a bow out there?

Comment

Just found this post, are you allowed to bait for hogs out here?

Comment

Working...
                  X