No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a little W12 out on the patio last night because me and TurboTax finished our annual relationship!

Comment

A week or two ago, I was on a date and settled on a whiskey called “Tin Cup”.

It was smoothe as sheeeeet ! Better than my old standby Crown Royal Reserve.

I gotta buy a bottle for the casa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see the tin cup bottles pretty often, I'll pick up a bottle and try it now. The actual bottle from the store comes with a tin shot glass turned upside down over the cork.

My favorite Crown is XO

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post

I gotta buy a bottle for the casa.

Tin cup is super smooth! They have a 10 year one that’s harder to find, I want to try that one.

Comment

I've learned I'm not a big fan of the Rye Whiskey and/or anything around or above 100 proof..... I think the highest I've tried is the Noah's Mill at 115 proof

Comment

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
              I've learned I'm not a big fan of the Rye Whiskey and/or anything around or above 100 proof..... I think the highest I've tried is the Noah's Mill at 115 proof
              Give Four Roses Single Barrel a try. It's 100 proof but doesn't drink like it. Very very smooth!

Comment

I haven’t found a rye I would take given to me.

I like neat, rocks, water... variety. But over 90 neat is rare. This Stagg Jr is 134ish if I recall and3 cubes of ice, let sit for about 2 min and it’s awesome

The higher proof seems to have more flavor IF you an manage/tame the alcohol burn. All at one time or another was 130+ they just blend it down to the desired marketed taste. I’ve got some of the ozarks finest here that will crank a cold tractor but with some bottled water to taste it’s pretty good... backed down to a drinkable 80-90 proof

Comment

So this one is pretty good. Relatively easy to find. Not a bad price. Pretty unique flavor profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                    So this one is pretty good. Relatively easy to find. Not a bad price. Pretty unique flavor profile.

Been wanting to try this one. Just got a bottle of the birthday OF. Its awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by progolferv1 View Post
                      Been wanting to try this one. Just got a bottle of the birthday OF. Its awesome.
                      Nice!

Comment

Noah's mill improves significantly with a bit of water. I love it as it reminds me of bananas foster.

Comment

Another blind taste test tonight, the Wellers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	24536007

Comment

Couple glasses of bourbon 30 for me. Little distillery in between liousville and Lexington. Not bad stuff. This was their cheap bottle. Got it in 2017, which was the first year they bottled.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Whiskey thief distillery, Frankfurt, KY

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
                                Another blind taste test tonight, the Wellers!

[ATTACH]904616[/ATTACH]

Results are in! 🥃
                                1) Weller 12
                                2) Weller SR
                                3) Weller 107

The 12 & SR was very close and I went back and forth a few times on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X