No announcement yet.

Crockpot pulled pork - super easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks good! I tried to smoke one and pulled it off before it was fully rendered. I'm gonna try this.

Comment

I just decided what I'm going to cook at the lease this weekend!

Crockpot pulled pork here we come!!!!!!

Comment

I tried this with deer meat and it did not turn out good... The flavor was great but the meat was tuff.. Cooked it for about 4hrs pulled it then about another 3 hrs then when I tryed it it would not chew... I think a presure cooker is needed for the deer roast..

Comment

I am asking for a crockpot for Christmas!

Comment

Did a front shoulder with favorite dry rub and some onion. drained and added BBQ sauce. Was great on sandwich with coleslaw on top.

My girlfriend doesn't eat wild game but come home and said it smelled great. Saw my sandwiches opened up on plate and said it looked great. She ended up making a sandwich and ate the whole thing. Said it was the best pulled pork she has ever had. The next day I was a lil late getting home and she said I made us both a sandwich, but you took to long, so I ate them both. And yes she knew what it was.

Shark hunter, You probably needed to cook it for about 8 hours. When I do pork or deer in a pan or crockpot the first 4 or so hours it seems tuff. but after 8 or 9 hours it will fall of the bone. I would also add a few cups of liquid.

Here is a similar recipe to what I'm talking about...http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=120310
            Last edited by switchback; 12-20-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Well I just cleaned up some hog and was gonna try this, but recently found a packet of McCormick "slow cooker pulled pork" seasoning so thought I'd try that. Instead of water it made me mix it up with ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar. I figure it's got to be good because anything is good with a nice coating of brown sugar on it.
              It's probably a little late to ask this, since mine is in the crock pot already but did anyone else use the recipe on the McCormick packet?

I didn't. I had the roast in Italian dressing over night, but then just put it in the crockpot with the water and poured the dry seasoning over the top. My roast is a smaller one so I didn't use the entire packet.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it will be ready by halftime of the Cowboy game today.

Comment

What McCormick packet are you guys useing? I have looked for McCormick BBQ and can not find it. I made some today with a packet of McCormick taco seasoning and my wife liked it but i think it needed some twang to it. Can someone post a picture of the packet?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                  It's probably a little late to ask this, since mine is in the crock pot already but did anyone else use the recipe on the McCormick packet?

I didn't. I had the roast in Italian dressing over night, but then just put it in the crockpot with the water and poured the dry seasoning over the top. My roast is a smaller one so I didn't use the entire packet.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it will be ready by halftime of the Cowboy game today.
                  I've done it a couple times now and it comes out pretty good. We like to make sandwiches out of it. This recipe is directly responsible for at least 2 hog deaths this year.

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                  What McCormick packet are you guys useing? I have looked for McCormick BBQ and can not find it. I made some today with a packet of McCormick taco seasoning and my wife liked it but i think it needed some twang to it. Can someone post a picture of the packet?
                  I don't know if it's the same one that's supposed to be used with this recipe, but this is the one that I've used. It's a red packet that says "Slow Cookers" across the front and it's called Pulled Pork I think.
                  A sweet and tangy blend of brown sugar, garlic and chili pepper, McCormick Barbecue Pulled Pork Slow Cooker Seasoning Mix offers an easy-to-prepare meal solution in your slow cooker or Instant Pot any night of the week.

Wondering how to make pulled pork in a slow cooker? Try our recipe for a tasty BBQ pulled pork meal that calls for just 10 minutes of prep time and five ingredients!

Comment

I havent seen those. I get my stuff at HEB. What isel are those on? I'll have to look again.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                      I havent seen those. I get my stuff at HEB. What isel are those on? I'll have to look again.
                      At Wal-Mart they're on the isle with the BBQ sauce and salad dressing, but all the way down on the end. They have a big display with a bunch of powdered packets like that. Not sure about HEB but I would hope they'd have it also.

Comment

Making me hungry

Comment

Tried this with some deer meat yesterday. Could not find the pulled pork rub so I just used some regular BBQ dry rub.
                          After 4hrs cooking I checked it and it was pretty tuff. Went to plan B for supper and let it cook about 5 more hrs. Shredded it with a couple of forks and made tacos out of it. The wife and kids liked it
                          I thought it could have used a litle something extra as far as spice. Does Fiesta make a carnita mix? Thought I saw some the other day but could not find it at a different store.
                          Going to try it with pork next time

Comment

looks good

Comment

sounds good I am going to give it a try.

Comment

How long should I expect it to cook for? I have never cooked with a crock pot before so this will be an adventure.

Comment

Working...
                                X