No announcement yet.

Never seen this before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very common. Put out some mineral blocks that have high calcium in it.

Comment

Surprised how many of yall are saying this is common. I have never seen it or even heard of it. Rats, Squirrels, dogs yes, but never heard of deer doing this. If it was very common more pics would be posted.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
        eating his competition

Comment

He's trying to quit Copenhagen....

Comment

It's fairly common. But, not necessarily due to a deficiency, per se, just another source of calcium and other trace minerals. Just something else out there they can chew on (bones as well).

Comment

To me, it almost looks like he got impaled by this horn. It looks pretty far back for him to be chewing on it...maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Had a problem with a buck on our place doing this same thing. He would go out and gnaw the antlers clean off the other deer’s heads. Would go up to them in their sleep and start munching away on their headgear. Then all we would see were these scrawny racked bucks walking around. We thought surely the other 100+” of antler they were supposed to have must’ve been eaten off of their head by a more dominant buck in the area. Never saw the guy on camera or in person, but that’s the only logical reason we never had any big deer on our place at the time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And I always thought squirrels were responsible for chewing the sheds up... Put me in the never seen it before list.

Comment

No wonder I never find any sheds they are dropping them and then eating them ����

Comment

Never seen it either! Very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by brandon123 View Post
                        To me, it almost looks like he got impaled by this horn. It looks pretty far back for him to be chewing on it...maybe I'm wrong.

I thought so too at first glance, but since he looks to still be in velvet I don't think he'd be sparring or full on fighting to get stabbed in the mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, seen it before... still shocking to see lol

Comment

Cows will eat'em up fast as well.

Comment

The axis around my place chew up all the old bones and antlers we have laying around.

Comment

Have you seen the doe eating the human bones from the body farm in San Marcus?

Comment

Working...
                                X