No announcement yet.

Lampasas County Buck down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome deer, bet he'll be tagging along ore now after that hunt!
    Congrats!

Comment

Awesome job! I had to laugh because after watching his little leg quiver, from the flies, I kept expecting that buck to start breaking it down to the beat!

Comment

Nicely done. Congrats to your son Mitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
          Not sure why they block it. I even gave Taylor credit in video....

lets try this..
          https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H3...zUf0cXfEd4fFjX
          Very cool. Hunting is neat but nothing like good father son time. Congrats!

My family owns 130 acres out in Lampasas and I hunt it most years. I always enjoy your posts and your commitment to low fence management. How old did y'all age the buck at?

Comment

Congrats to you and your son, glad you were able to share that experience and hope he keeps hunting with you!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                Very cool. Hunting is neat but nothing like good father son time. Congrats!

My family owns 130 acres out in Lampasas and I hunt it most years. I always enjoy your posts and your commitment to low fence management. How old did y'all age the buck at?
                Known him for a few years. I have him at 6.

Comment

Great job on the hunt and video. Congrats to your son and you for bringing him up to love hunting. BTW...Was that your prototype blind in the background?

Comment

Great buck... Congrats to you and your son.

Can't believe that deer ran so far and didn't die sooner, looked like great shot placement.

Good job.

Comment

Congratulations Chase, beautiful buck young man

Looks like big brother has some work to do

Great video Mitch

Looking forward to see what else gets killed out there this year

Comment

Awesome!!!!

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
                          Great buck... Congrats to you and your son.

Can't believe that deer ran so far and didn't die sooner, looked like great shot placement.

Good job.
                          I felt horrible watching that big dude hop up and run away. One thing I have learned that when dealing with whitetail deer there is sometime no logic to why somethings happen.

On a side not, I called in a tracking dog to find this deer. Matt MacWilliams out of Brady made it to the ranch around 10:30. I love dealing with him as he is as strait forward as it gets. And his dogs are top notch. I have seen his Dog Smoke work on several tracks, so I was surprised when he brought out a younger dog called Jock. I forgot the mix that was in him but he was half black mouth Cur. When we got to the feeder pen, the dogs hops out and just does his thing. No instruction needed. Besides the GPS color, the dog also had a little yellow LED light on the collar which was new to me. You could watch the dog track from a distance in the pitch black.

When Jock made it to the other side of the feeder pen where the Deer exited the pen, he went exactly how the deer went. About 100 yards out is where I jumped the deer and he ran directly left. So it was cool watching the dog make a left turn in the dark about 100 yards out. Then they disappear. It was about 15 minutes before I saw the glow of a flash light heading back my way. The deer made a really big loop and jumped several fences. Without the dog, we would not have found him that night. GPS shows 382 yards from the spot I jumped him. The good thing about a dog tracking vs 5 guys with flash lights is that the dog is not any different than a coyote so the smell is not a big deal. It is very no intrusive on the pasture. They made no noise and where in an out in no time.

If you are anywhere near Brady, and I am not really near Brady, (1.5 hours) Give Matt a Call. He is on the dog tracking list. Matt Macwilliams. His dogs are top notch. I have seen alot of tracking dogs. Not all are on this level.

Comment

Awesome, congrats to y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck. Congratulations.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X