Cornhusker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big papa View Post
    I appreciate it. My wife got a job with Union Pacific. We moved to Omaha.

What’s she doing for them? Obviously at the Headquarters cool place. I worked for UP for 5 years as a conductor/engineer before it was time to move back home. Dad still works for them and is a manager so he’s going up there all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a friend who has lived for years in Omaha. He now has to lease his land but the cost is not nearly what we have to pay for a lease in Texas. For years, he just asked permission from farmers and it was generally granted. Out of state hunters have got a lot of farmers hooked on the leasing system for dollars. A lot of the state is one huge corn feeder. He tells me the best hunting is after the corn is harvested. When the corn is still up, they are in the fields and you cannot see them in the area he hunts. He hunts relatively small patches of woods surrounded by corn fields and has some fantastic hunts. Some really nice and heavy deer there. Mulies are in western part of the state. Good luck in finding a place. I am betting you can find one.

Comment

I grew up in Geneva back in the days when Hwy 81 ran through town instead of around it. Dad would rifle deer hunt on public land in the panhandle near Crawford. We chased pheasant and quail from Hebron to York every weekend during the season with our two pointers and one german short hair.

My advise is to not be afraid to go out and scout and knock on doors. There are lots and lots of places to hunt.

Go Big Red! Still a Husker!

Comment

I lived in Lincoln for 4.5 years.. that one semester didnt count..lol!

I didnt get a chance to deer hunt but the fishing on the Platte river or in local lakes is fantastic.. have you ever eaten walleye? Delish! I met a bud of mine back here in Texas that grew up in Nebraska and he has pictures of huge whitetail s he'd taken. Oh and if you go out looking for arrowheads and such, you might just find a wooly mammoth laying there! Seriously

Good folks in Nebraska and definitely go to a home husker game.. it's an experience like none other! Go Big Red!
          Well we are moving to Nebraska. As a matter of fact, we are fixing to cross the Texas / Oklahoma state line. I have lived in Texas my entire life so this is a big step. Kind of nervous and excited at the same time. The biggest thing is, where to hunt or find a deer lease. Any suggestions?

Comment

I appreciate it. My wife got a job with Union Pacific. We moved to Omaha.
            my sister works for u.p. works downtown/asking farmers or ranchers to hunt w a bow will get u on their land for free most of the time i give them meat or a bottle or help them w-chores/walleye r big up here and s d/i belong to nebraska walleye assc. great group of guys like her on gs u have my number any questions

Comment

bow season is frm sept to jan/rifle is 9 days @2nd week of nov./blackpowder-muzzleloader all of dec and late atlerless @2 week of jan/big deer up here have shot many 200 lb does (dressed)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobh05 View Post
                What’s she doing for them? Obviously at the Headquarters cool place. I worked for UP for 5 years as a conductor/engineer before it was time to move back home. Dad still works for them and is a manager so he’s going up there all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                She is a Critical Call Dispatcher at Headquarters.

Comment

For you folks with friends or relatives in the Omaha area, do you or they know of any places that are hiring?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Omaha...………..you will like it! Really good folks and the ORACLE OF OMAHA himself still cruises around, Mr. Warren Buffett!!!! Great hunting on public ground and positioned perfectly to head to Western States for other adventures. Congrats to your wife on a wonderful opportunity. Does Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway) still own Union Pacific?

Comment

Thank you. I'm not sure about that.

Comment

Working...
                        X