Cornhusker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornhusker

Well we are moving to Nebraska. As a matter of fact, we are fixing to cross the Texas / Oklahoma state line. I have lived in Texas my entire life so this is a big step. Kind of nervous and excited at the same time. The biggest thing is, where to hunt or find a deer lease. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by big papa; 06-01-2018, 09:37 AM.

What prompted your move ?
    What part of the state you moving to ?

Comment

Public land youll love it

Comment

I did the same thing myself two years ago. There are lots of areas to hunt public land, so I would ask the same question ReydonPete did above. I live in the Omaha area, give me a call if you run into any trouble. 402-326-7109.

Comment

Wear a lot of red to fit in. Go big red!

Comment

hey live in omaha also- hunt north central area give me a call if u need any help hookem horns 4026805099

Comment

I appreciate it. My wife got a job with Union Pacific. We moved to Omaha.

Comment

Son lives about 80 miles east of Omaha, some of the biggest deer killed are from around Omaha but the bad it's 95% private land. Plenty of good public land east, don't forget Iowa across the river you'll need to be drawn & some excellent public land in South Dakota. Talked with my Son this morning it's 50 degree's & a high of 80 forecasted.
                Last edited by stykshooter; 06-02-2018, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

If I lived up there I’d chase pheasant till my legs fell off

Comment

I miss the days when I used to hunt public land. It was abundant in Mississippi where I grew up. I did live in East TX for a while and hunted Caddo WMA. It was fun, and I enjoyed some success. Definitely take advantage of the public land. It may take a bit to get to know it, but it can be extremely rewarding in the long run. To me, it's more about the challenge, the journey and the adventure. That's what makes it hunting. Good luck and happy hunting.

Comment

Is there any places to lease?

Comment

Can you rifle hunt on the public lands?

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
                            Can you rifle hunt on the public lands?
                            Yes, if I remember firearm season is short, 9 to 14 days

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              If I lived up there I’d chase pheasant till my legs fell off
                              Yep when my son moved in 2000, we hunted with & without dogs & had a blast even shot some with our stick bows. Neb. doesn't get a lot of credit for duck & geese too, We shot many Greenheads, Greater Canadains & snows

Comment

Working...
                              X