No announcement yet.

Hilltop Lakes 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things were not nearly as wet as I thought today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal! Did you get your stand in place?

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael

Comment

Hilltop Lakes 2016-2017

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
        Good deal! Did you get your stand in place?

~Michael

Stand is up, ratchet strapped in solid. Replaced my feeder control and did some practice shooting from the stand down under the feeder. I'm ready to hunt now as soon we get a break in the weather.

Comment

Good deal! If you don't have a harness, I have a couple plain basic ones (I believe) I can send your way

~Michael

Comment

So if you buy a lot when can you start hunting it? I have been reading you have to attend a meeting and a work day. When are those days set?

Comment

Good deal! If you don't have a harness, I have a couple plain basic ones (I believe) I can send your way

~Michael
              Thanks but I picked up a nice HSS harness from another TBH'er last week. So nice not having to fight the tangled mess that I had before.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                So if you buy a lot when can you start hunting it? I have been reading you have to attend a meeting and a work day. When are those days set?
                Everything you want to know is here http://hilltoplakeswmt.org/. Too late for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                  Everything you want to know is here http://hilltoplakeswmt.org/. Too late for this year.
                  So there is a meeting in September why can't you just pay the fees and hunt your own property? Don't see what the big deal is with that if the season has not started.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                    So there is a meeting in September why can't you just pay the fees and hunt your own property? Don't see what the big deal is with that if the season has not started.
                    Think of it as a "club" and it will make sense. Just cause you own property there doesn't mean you get to hunt it. The property owners association allows hunting only by members of the club. Since members volunteer to run the club, they don't want handling memberships as thier day jobs. So there is a set of dates, rules etc to make life easier for those who are volunteering to run the business end of the club.

Comment

I'm heading to the condo after work today for an all night hunt. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much and if it does, maybe I'll catch some z's as it falls on the tin roof.

~Michael

Comment

Good luck and keep us posted

Comment

I'm heading to the condo after work today for an all night hunt. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much and if it does, maybe I'll catch some z's as it falls on the tin roof.

~Michael
                          I'm the same way... rain on a tin roof provides just enough noise to lull me to sleep.

Enjoy the hunt... or the slumber

Comment

Hilltop Lakes 2016-2017

Opinions on this setup (view from 15' up). Should I keep clearing? I cut some behind the feeder 2 weeks ago and sprayed remedy. Last weekend there was so much new growth back there you would think I sprayed miracle grow lol.
                            No shortage of animals on camera though.

Comment

I wouldn't trim anymore but I would relocate your stand 10+ yards further away if possible.

Comment

I wouldn't trim anymore but I would relocate your stand 10+ yards further away if possible.
                                X2 it seems pretty close.

Comment

Working...
                                X