Flickr dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr dump

I started subscribing to Smugmug this AM after seeing this. I knew they were offering our photos for sale but have been ignoring this fact. I'm wanting to start deleting from Flickr and was wondering if there is a way to dump many at once or am I stuck with the task of one at a time. Thanks for any insight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flickr sale.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	25105061

Bill,
    Are you logged in and seeing that? I am not logged in and those options are nowhere to be found on my page. What are your license type settings? If Creative Commons or similar, I can see where they might go with that.

Regardless, I've drifted away from Flickr a bit. I have no idea how to do a mass delete or dump.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
      Bill,
      Are you logged in and seeing that? I am not logged in and those options are nowhere to be found on my page. What are your license type settings? If Creative Commons or similar, I can see where they might go with that.

Regardless, I've drifted away from Flickr a bit. I have no idea how to do a mass delete or dump.
      Casey I've checked before and this is an option even in pro accounts. When you have a photo open there is an icon like the photo link add icon here that will shot the screen I have posted. I figured out how to dump multiples by going to camera roll instead of stream. I'll go back to using Flickr for family stuff, low resolution stuff. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
        Casey I've checked before and this is an option even in pro accounts. When you have a photo open there is an icon like the photo link add icon here that will shot the screen I have posted. I figured out how to dump multiples by going to camera roll instead of stream. I'll go back to using Flickr for family stuff, low resolution stuff. Thanks for the reply.
        Oh, once l logged into my account, which is pro, I have that option. When not logged in, I could not get that icon on my photos.

Comment

Bill,
          Not to belabor, but here is the photo on your page as I view it from my pro account. No icon to buy is visible.

Name:	billphoto.JPG
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	24480722

Conversely, one of my photos with the "create wall art" icon present (lower right corner).

Name:	caseyphot.JPG
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	24480723

I'm merely trying to offer peace of mind as I'm not sure all of our photos are available for purchase to the outside world. They may be, but not through the flickr page I'm visiting!

With that said, since I'm not using it, I may bail as well. No need to pay for it these days.

Comment

Thank you very much for that information. I have not been able to look at from your/the publics POV. I assume they are thinking I don't have better places to buy prints. Thanks for straightening me out. I've been looking to go to smugmug for awhile anyway. As stated, lesser photos to flckr from here on out. Enjoy your weekend.

Comment

I just started checking out smugmug, it was easy to dump everything from flickr to smugmug.

Comment

Have been thinking of going to Smugmug as well, but just haven't invested the time. I haven't uploaded much to flickr for a long time. It's been hard to get excited about flickr when I can present most of my photos just as well on Facebook. But I think I might like to use Smugmug more like a photography portfolio, only including shots I'd like to share publicly. Most of the time when I think about doing this kind of stuff in front of the computer, I'd rather grab the camera and go out and shoot some more pictures of birds or something!

Comment

Agreed Chad. I just moved most of what I wanted to different galleries in Smugmug from Flickr.

David not much to it really. Seemed cumbersome to me when I used it before but not so much now. I feel I'll have more control there also.

Outdoor photographer with an emphasis on bird photography

Comment

Bill - I have been looking at smug mug for a while now myself. I have been going back and forth trying to decide where to put the photos besides the external hard drive for the extra protection as we have discussed on another thread. Your smugmug photos do look great. Keep up the good work and please continue sharing.
                    Thanks Jeff

Comment

Jeff IMO they look better in Smugmug than in Flickr. Thanks for the comment.

Comment

I have used SmugMug for years. I haven't ever really put much effort into making a nice-looking page for myself. I just use it as a place to put my pics. But after seeing your new page there, Bill, I played around a little with some of the new layout features. I found that I can pick and choose specific galleries and/or individual photos to show on my public homepage. But all the galleries that I have are still there, behind the scenes, whether I publish them on the homepage or not. That's pretty cool. Best of both worlds. I will probably play with that more to be more intentional about what shows and what is just in storage in the background.

I'm glad you posted this.

Comment

Bill and Shane
                          It looks like you can start at a lower level (Basic or Power) smugmug and then if you decide at a later date to start selling them then you can bump it up to the portfolio or higher. Thanks for sharing your smugmug sights

Comment

Shane where did you find how to do that. I want to have all the bird photography under one heading but couldn't figure out how to do that. I would like to learn the different tricks. Any good source to learn that you know of?

Comment

I'm no where near the pixel guru that you fellas are but I'm still tryin' to figure it out.

Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.

Comment

Working...
                              X