Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a new zero turn (need opinions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a Scag Turf Tiger, 61" deck for almost 20 years. Water-cooled Kawasaki. The only major fix-it was owner induced and it was structural as I was using it to pull a harrow.

I change oil and blades regularly. Clean air filter after every use then replace it about twice a season. Battery Tender is well worth it for battery life and quick starts.

Scag has dramatically improved the seat since I got mine.
    Last edited by Lost Arra; 04-16-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I would look at the Kubota z4XX series. Not the cost of commercial yet keeps the important upgrades the commercial equipment has. The ergonomics and deck is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Arra View Post
        I've had a Scag Turf Tiger, 61" deck for almost 20 years. Water-cooled Kawasaki. The only major fix-it was owner induced and it was structural as I was using it to pull a harrow.

I change oil and blades regularly. Clean air filter after every use then replace it about twice a season. Battery Tender is well worth it for battery life and quick starts.
        My dad has the same mower in a 52" deck I believe and its the same age. He finally had a repair which was a clutch for the blades. In 20 years, thats the only problem and it $450 installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Krk77486 View Post
          Just found out jd has 0% for 48 as well. Now looking at a z920m and a z930m. Anyone have any experience with these 2?
          Maybe they'll take your old JD in on trade.

Of course when I traded my 6.0 Powerchoke in at the Ford dealer they offered me $7,500 because the 6.0 was a piece of junk. I told them "YOU SOLD IT TO ME!!".

Who knows, they may knock a nice little lick off the new mower.

Comment

Highly recommend a Ferris with Kawasaki motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
              Highly recommend a Ferris with Kawasaki motor.

Nice looking mower. Which model?

Comment

Nice looking mower. Which model?

IS2100Z Rides like a Cadillac

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                  IS2100Z Rides like a Cadillac

Ok. Priced one today. May need to go look at them.

Comment

I hav t been overly impressed with my hustler raptor 48”. It has just 100 hours on it and the main drive belt busted and I had to replace a spindle on the deck at 80 hours, and I currently have a spindle starting to whine a bit. Other than that it’s been good.

Comment

Until i go look at the ferris, the two on top of my list are the John Deere Z920M 54” and the Skag Tiger Cat II 52”.

Comment

Until i go look at the ferris, the two on top of my list are the John Deere Z920M 54” and the Skag Tiger Cat II 52”.
                        Ferris is the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
                          Ferris is the only way.
                          I called your guy today. I need to price check him tomorrow to see how good his price is. Quoted me the 2100 with the kawasaki.

Comment

I called your guy today. I need to price check him tomorrow to see how good his price is. Quoted me the 2100 with the kawasaki.
                            He was over $1000 better than any local guys and he delivers to your door.

Comment

What kind of grass are you cutting? I have 1.5 acres of Bermuda and was told by several commercial dealers that the commercial mowers have a higher blade tip speed and will do better on turf grass. I ended up with a gravely hd and have been happy with it.

I would get something that you can have serviced easily / locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                                What kind of grass are you cutting? I have 1.5 acres of Bermuda and was told by several commercial dealers that the commercial mowers have a higher blade tip speed and will do better on turf grass. I ended up with a gravely hd and have been happy with it.

I would get something that you can have serviced easily / locally.
                                I have just st augustine mostly with a mix of some bermuda. I also raise it up and mow around my fence lines in the pastures around my house.

I just found out there is a new ferris dealer near me. Also jave a jd dealer, kubota, exmark, snapper, toro, gravely and skag dealer all within 30 miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X