• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
    But but but life starts at conception!

Oh buddy, I'd buy you a beer!!!!

Drop the mic!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wish I could figure out how to keep them away also... The rubber snakes worked last year but not stopping them at all this year! Good luck sir!

Comment

I printed out a picture of an owl.. taped it to a piece of cardboard, and set it on top of the door trim.. kept em away for years, they throw un the brakes and pull a quick u turn when they see that

Comment

I'm tellin y'all, the hanging CD's works great without harming the birds. The first year we let the little ones grow up and I hung the disks up after they left. The next year they would fly up to the porch and turn away. After a couple of years they quit coming back completely.

Comment

Knock the nest down leave a pamphlet for planned parenthood. They'll understand.

Comment

Mother in law is having a problem on her back porch with barn swallows. Had to tell her that they are a protected species. So I would double check what they are before you killem.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                Fake owl and rubber snakes
                Fake owl from Lowe's did the trick for us on the brick front porch. I also beveled a 2x4 @ 45 degrees and nailed it to a ledge on our back porch to eliminate a place for them nest.

They are the McGyvers of the sky. Good luck.

Comment

I guess it depends on the area you try to deter them.
                  I've tried the hanging CD's,
                  I've tried rubber snakes,
                  I've tried fake owl with bobble head,
                  I've tried the high frequency noise maker.(Which I still have and need to sell on Amazon where I bought it.)
                  None of them worked at our place.
                  We live in harmony with them and knock their nests down after the babies leave.

Comment

They will return every year to build their nest in the same spot.

Here's what worked for me. Knocked their nest down and cleaned the area. Applied a citrus oil. Continued to knock the nest down as they attempted to rebuild, applied citrus oil. Had to do this about 4 or 5 times. They finally left and haven't returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                      Oh buddy, I'd buy you a beer!!!!
                      Drop the mic!!!!!
                      Dilly dilly!

Comment

Nail a rubber snake up on a ledge and get a plastic owl perched up there too. Did it at my daughter's house and it worked.

Comment

Ours liked to nest on the floodlights, I made some small wire baskets and secured them up around the lights, solved the problem.

Comment

Might could sneak up on them at night with some ratshot in a .22 and take care of em that way

Comment

Working...
                            X