How to wake up better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to wake up better?

You don’t want medication but you drink a lot of energy drinks?

Makes sense.........[emoji57]

Those things are terrible and could be part of your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working out too late? If I work out too late I have too much energy to sleep at bedtime. Just a guess.

Comment

I would go have your cortisol levels checked by a doctor, could be a bit out of whack. It should be highest in the morning, then decrease through the day. Adrenal glands could be a factor, especially with all the caffeine. Going to the doctor and getting some lab work would be your best bet.

Comment

Join the Marines or Army. They'll teach you how to be a morning person.

My Great Grandpa had a saying. "The best time to take a nap is right after you wake up in the morning, cause that's when you're the most tired."

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
            I overslept today and didn't make it to the gym, that makes 8 years in a row now
            My man!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
              Some folks are just "morning people". You seem to be living very healthy so I would not change a thing.

I am a morning person, I am wide awake and cracking jokes with the kids within a couple minutes of being awake.... My wife and kids are slow to get up... I am pretty sure they hate me in the morning... lol

I take after my mom, she was the same way. Wide awake from the moment her feet it the ground.
              And this is me. Drives my wife crazy.

Comment

I’m too hungover to know what’s going on till two or three ��. Seriously though I’m ok when I wake up but I got a short fuse for a while. I work long hours 4 days a week and a half day on Friday, if I take a hunting or fishing vacation, I ain’t grumpy. Purty much my business makes me hateful in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  I'm no help, as I'm the definition of a morning person. My wife thinks I'm crazy as hell, as on weekends I can't sleep past 6 because I'm so excited to get my day going. I pop right out of bed in the morning on week days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                  Same here, My alarm is set at 5am and 99% of days i wake up on my own a few minutes before it goes off. I MIGHT sleep till 6:30 at the latest on weekends but not usually. Most weekends mornings im in the garage with a glass of tea waiting on daylight to get whatever I have planned started

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                    I'm not a morning person either. I don't drink coffee very much, maybe once or twice a week. It is amazing however that I can pop right out of bed at 5am to go hunting or fishing but 6am to go to work, I'm sluggish as hell. Wish I had an answer for you, you may be onto something with the caffeine.
                    This is me! The wife gets mad cause I wake up this way for work or anything else but fishing or hunting....pop out of bed and out the door in 10 minutes!! "Hurry up! gonna be late gettin to the blind!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                      Have a few kids.

Word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would say if you are drinking caffeine all day that your morning is crash time. You may try scaling back or even cutting it out. I feel best after 4-5 hrs sleep. More and I feel like I didn't sleep well. Everyone is wired different but I think you should get off the caffeine and start fresh with no stimulants or sedatives to see what difference it makes.

Comment

go-go

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                          When my feet hit the floor, I'm as high as I'm gonna be all day. I go downhill every hour I'm awake until bedtime.
                          THats a good way to put it..Thx ...Thats the way I would discribe myself...and I usually run out of Daylight before way before I'm ready. then the downhill starts...

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            I can tell you what works for me. Immediately upon arising I drink one - and often two - 8 oz. glasses of water while the coffee is brewing. We always wake up at least slightly dehydrated every morning. That water on an empty stomach does a great job of jump-starting the system.
                            This is exactly what I do every morning. I learned it from reading about Conor Mcgregors daily eating schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              I functioned fine during the day as well albeit not as much energy. I was not falling asleep either. But I would feel like total DS when I woke up. I feel great as a whole when waking up these days.

BTW....never heard anybody being prescribed pills after a sleep study. I think that is a GP's doing before suggesting a sleep study.
                              This^^^. Yes I'm on a CPAP but no meds were ever prescribed for my sleep apnea. It has made a world of difference. Sleep apnea killed my HS best friend. My internal clock is my problem. I've been getting up at 4:00am for so long that on my days off I'm up by 4:30. No sleeping in for me. Another thing that helped was eating dinner earlier. We eat no later than 5:00pm every day. This gives plenty of time for your food to settle before you lay down.

Comment

I would say it's mental thing mixed with a caffeine thing.

Have something planned to do every morning RIGHT when you wake up, and integrate it into your routine. Train your mind, and the body will follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X