• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how'd you make the tortilla?

looks good...cept for that green stuff

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      Well, I tried the body shock approach to plateau busting on Saturday. Don’t know if it worked because I’m not touching a scale until my physical this Friday. Rucked 5.35 yesterday with 50lbs and my hands looked like cartoon balloon hands or something. (Saturday Italian meal)
      Anyway, wife has now joined me on the diet so I expect great things. She will research recipes and cook up all kinds of new dishes[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having your wife on board will be a huge help. I will probably lose my wife within the next couple of weeks since she didn’t need to lose that much, but hope fully she’ll still cook for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

Thats pepper jack cheese slices melted together.

You dont like avocado?
        Last edited by justintyme8303; 03-26-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

That green stuff is the best thing on there.[emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

No kidding!! I eat avocado with just about every meal!!

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
              Well, I just hit the 4 week mark on the Keto diet. The scale this morning showed I am down 30 lbs. since I started. I have found this diet (lifestyle), relatively easy. Now, don't get me wrong, the temptations such as when we go out because we are always out watching our kids compete or on Fridays during lent. But since I started this diet, I have felt so, so much better. I know the pounds will start to come off slower than it did this first month, but I couldn't be more excited about continuing this and seeing where it takes me.

Awesome!

I started incorporating a little exercise today. I'm easing into it with a little walking, rowing, pull-ups and squats, but will slowly intensify.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Ok I need a tried and trued Keto Brown Gravy recipe to put on some pork chops.

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
                  Right now it has been without exercise. I am about to kick start that aspect of it soon though. I just wanted to start the diet without exercise first. My biggest issue to this point has been not getting close to my counts.

I am supposed to...

2485 calories
                  Carbs - 31g
                  Protein - 154g
                  Fat - 194g

I drink my Bullet Proof Coffee in the morning, and then don't eat until supper. I do this because I really am not hungry. Because of this, when I check my ketosis status, it is not strong. But since the weight has been coming off, I really haven't worried about it to this point. I am sure, soon, I will need to start making sure my macros are where they need to be.
                  Have you recalculated your macros since you dropped the initial 30lbs? Your calorie needs will fall as you lose weight. The lighter you are, the less calories you burn in a day if your activity level stays the same. A lot of the "plateaus" people hit is just from them eating the same amount of calories after losing a significant amount of weight. The only macro I would worry about getting close to every day is proteins.
                  As few carbs as possible.
                  As close as possible to your protein macro.
                  Fat to satiety.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                    Incredible!!! Was that with or without exercise??

I've lost 51lbs without exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                      I've lost 51lbs without exercise.

Now you’re talking!!! Congrats!!! How many months?

Comment

I started on this diet January 1 and lost about 15 lbs. I just got back from my doctor appointment for blood work, and my cholesterol numbers were off the chart (in a bad way). The Doc started me on Lipitor right away.

I am done with Keto for a while. Watch out on this diet if you have cholesterol issues. I am going back to just eating less and lower calorie food.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbeard31 View Post
                          I started on this diet January 1 and lost about 15 lbs. I just got back from my doctor appointment for blood work, and my cholesterol numbers were off the chart (in a bad way). The Doc started me on Lipitor right away.

I am done with Keto for a while. Watch out on this diet if you have cholesterol issues. I am going back to just eating less and lower calorie food.
                          Maybe it has to do with length of time on keto. I know once I was on keto for 6 months or so my cholesterol levels plummeted. I'll do whatever necessary with diet before I get back on a cholesterol med...too many bad side effects including the heat stroke I had while on them accompanied by a list of serious ailments.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redbeard31 View Post

I have always wondered about this and you are the first to have numbers go up. Others have dropped their meds.

Comment

I read this often and am amazed at some of the weight loss. I was wondering about blood numbers on this eating style. I guess I'm kinda on this as I don't eat any sugar or processed wheat- I do eat whole oats in the morning though. I also eat some brown rice for lunch sometimes. I am not trying to loose any weight but just a few pounds of body fat and considering trying it for 30 days.

Comment

Well, I had another successful week with another five pounds lost. I now have been doing this for five weeks now and am down a total of 35 lbs. This really has been one of the easiest "diets" I have ever done. Now, yesterday the sweet potatoes, rolls, and cobbler sure did look and smell good, but I restrained. I wish I could continue to lose five pounds per week, but I know that really isn't possible. I have nine weeks before our cruise, and I am going to be sure to do whatever necessary to drop as much weight as possible before then.

Comment

Working...
                                X