No announcement yet.

Meeting a murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've saved countless lives and a couple cats, just by changing my mind and switching lanes.

Comment

Back in the 80's, I lived in Oklahoma and was heavily involved with the Jaycees. One of our programs was kind of an outreach at prisons where we would help them set up chapters in the inside. Got to know quite a few convicted murderers (they mostly claimed they were innocent). One really sticks out in my mind. He was the prison chapter president. Had perfect attendance at his meetings - rumor was it you missed a meeting you could expect a beat down. He, along with his wife, had been convicted of torturing and murdering his babysitter. She was also locked up and they divorced.

He impressed the warden with his running of the Jaycee chapter and eventually got sent to a halfway house where he could work during the day returning to lock-up every night. He met a girl and they got married. The warden gave him a weekend pass for a honeymoon of sorts. He still wasn't supposed to drink or drive but did both. Got into a wreck killing the other driver. Sent to maximum security. Last I saw of him he was on TV leading a prison riot at that maximum security prison.

What a guy!

Comment

Yep just recently. Had an employee, actually a good worker, then one day he quit showing up. He never turned in his keys and ID so we sent several letters and he never responded. I bumped into him at a gas station and he kinda sheepishly moved away and avoided eye contact. I kinda wrote it off then I heard his name on the radio a few months back. Seems he moved to Seattle or Spokane and he and his girlfriend killed the girlfriends grandmother for the inheritance.

Comment

Three different times that I can recall:
          1. My wife's uncle shot her aunt in the back of the head with a 20 ga., sat down on the bed and wrote a 5 page letter to his 6 and 9 year old sons as to why he did it, then stuck the gun in his mouth and took himself out... was in a white carpeted bedroom with white bedspread on the bed... the 9 year old came home from school and found 'em... He's almost 60 now and ain't been "right" since that day.

2. Young girl that was associated with our girl's softball league when I coached and my daughter played later got married to a drug-head... had a baby and of course, the "dad" took off for parts unknown... In a drug/alcohol induced stuper, she killed the baby and buried it in her back yard... she's in Huntsville now...

3. A guy that worked for me for over 15 years... to this day one of my most dependable and best employees I ever had... when he was a young man, another guy savagely raped his younger sister and crippled her for life. This guy went to a pawn shop bought a pistol, went to wally world and bought a box of bullets... went and found the guy in a bar and shot him point blank between the eyes, then laid the gun on the bar and asked the bartender to call the cops. He surrendered, got 30 years for manslaughter (apparently the rapist tried to attack him before he actually produced the pistol). After 20 years, he got out and went to work for me about 10 years later... To this day, I'd trust that man with my life, but "technically" I guess he's a murderer...

Comment

#3 has got real guts..Dang shame he had to go to jail for it.Good brother right there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              #3 has got real guts..Dang shame he had to go to jail for it.Good brother right there.

He did what we all say we would do in that situation. If I were to sit on a jury for something like that, I'd vote not guilty everytime
              Last edited by doublearrow; 06-20-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                He did what we all say we would do in that situation. If I were to sit on a jury for something like that, I'd vote not guilty everytime
                Yes sir.

Comment

Thanks guys. He didn't know I knew about his past or many years. One day we got to talking about " old times" and he mentioned that he'd done some bad stuff when he was younger. I told him that I admired him for his courage and character. He asked me how long I'd known. I told him since a week before I hired him. He sat there and cried like a baby. He's retired now but we still talk from time to time.

Comment

My neighbor escaped from Coral Eugene Watts here in Houston in 1982. She was tied up in a bathtub, got out as he was trying to drown her roommate and jumped head first off the second floor balcony. Look him up if you don't know him - crazy sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                      My neighbor escaped from Coral Eugene Watts here in Houston in 1982. She was tied up in a bathtub, got out as he was trying to drown her roommate and jumped head first off the second floor balcony. Look him up if you don't know him - crazy sucker.

Wow! I watched a show on him and know exactly who you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was over at a buddy's drinking beer. One of his buddies came over and we were all talking in the garage. Turns out the dudes 70 year old neighbor was having relations with 19 year old daughter and his wife. He had just separated from the relationship and was in a bad place.

Bumped into him a year or so later and asked if he heard anymore on the old neighbor. With the straightest face I've seen, he said, "Oh yeah, he ain't alive anymore."

I didn't ask anymore questions because I didn't want to know. But I'm pretty sure he killed the dude.

Comment

My family bought a house back in the 70s when neighborhood was good and moved in the 90s as it went to crap (Greenspoint in Houston) I was still a kid but neighbor that I went to school with / played with in the afternoons was already starting to follow the gang kids younger brothers around in elementary. We moved out of the hood. Heard a few years later he shot and killed an old woman he robbed at the age of 16

Know an older man that did a long sentence for killing someone with a hammer while robbing their house.

I've went to school hung out occasionally with a kid that was beat to death and left in a ditch in highschool. He got into drugs and was another wanna be thug. They didn't find the killer

Comment

Guy I went to high school with shot a co-worker a couple months ago when they were drinking one weekend. Buried him in the woods apparently and they had a missing persons report on the guy. He shared the post... Then confessed and tried to claim self defense a few weeks later. We always knew he was a little off. His dad murdered his mother just a few years ago when she told him she wanted a divorce.

Heard another guy from high school is doing life for shaking his baby to death. There is no understanding that kind of evil. Hope he gets beat down weekly in there.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                              Y'all remember that body they found by the boat ramp that someone had beheaded? I used to work with the guy that was convicted of that..

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                              My brother went to school with him in Danbury. Said one time he stabbed a guy in school with scissors.

Yea that lit the rumor mill up at ineos during the TAR the victim was working.

Comment

Working...
                              X