X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All has to be USDA inspected.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
      Try the cross cut ribs and the seasoned chicken wings. Both the best you will ever have. The one by work has a restaurant we eat lunch there often.
      The one by our old apartment in Dallas had the restaurant. The good is amazing! I'll have to try those recommendations

Comment

So the steak was excellent! Very tender, and had good flavor. I'll be going back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
          I use to pickup fajita meat from the one in Sherman a lot till they got a f rating. Now I just get their season and do my own fajita meat.

Where in the store do you buy the seasoning?

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
            Try the cross cut ribs
            Texans call those tablitas or shortribs... Doesn't Todd teach you anything?...LOL

Comment

Los Arcos in south Fort Worth is great, buy tablitas and fajitas there all the time, big avacados cheap there too

Comment

I do all the time. I think the meat is fresher in my opinion. I especially love their thick cut fajitas, English style beef ribs and yes the tablitas. Freshest veggies in town. Sometimes I'll buy a grilled corn on the cob from the vendor outside with a big red for the ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                  They send donkeys from here to Mexico to be slaughtered. I'm just saying
                  Can't be any worse than the dog down in Honduras.
                  Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post
                  I quit shopping at the mercado when I saw the butcher with a spray bottle of red food coloring spraying gray and green steaks on the display.
                  My wife worked in the deli at Kroger years ago. That red coloring gets a work out. Do you know where the out dated meat in the deli counter goes? Tubs of chicken salad, ham salad and other items that are sold in tubs by the pound. It's something else what goes on behind the scenes.

Comment

The Mexican side of the family that stayed in Mex owns a slaughter house there. It is different. What this thread is about the meat plays by the same rules. Your nose will tell you when meat is bad. My nose works on either side off the river

Comment

I only buy American beef. Those poor ranchers have to pay for those $70K King Ranch trucks some how!

Comment

Solocam where is this new market? I use the market that's beside La Hacienda on Hwy 95 in Bastrop and haven't been disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by sureshot View Post
                          Solocam where is this new market? I use the market that's beside La Hacienda on Hwy 95 in Bastrop and haven't been disappointed.
                          I'm working in Kyle right now. It's between 21 and 35 in the neiderwald area. Can't remember the road intersection names right now. But the one you're talking about isn't bad either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Most of these markets start with "no roll beef" which means although it is processed in a usda inspected facility, it for one reason or another is not graded (like Choice, Select or Prime) most of the time because it doesn't meet one the standards. Therefore the cost starts a lot lower. Some of these markets are even still cutting side beef, instead of starting from primals even making the cost cheaper, although they still have the labor of cutting it from the side.

None of that makes it bad, however it also doesn't means its good either. The reason the grading system is there is to ensure a quality standard...if you buy "no roll" it may be great one time and really terrible the next...there is no standard, but because a lot of the type of beef in these markets are marinated, the color is not a factor and the marinate helps with tenderness, which keeps it edible. At the end of the day price is a driving factor so they can use it.

All supermarkets try to reduce shrink by selling product right up until the out date, but a word of caution, the marinate often makes it harder to judge beef, based on color or smell because it masks both. So be careful.

Even when beef is past it's peak shelf life, if cooked properly and thoroughly it doesn't pose a heath risk...however if the meat is bad and if you like steaks less than med. to well done, you may visit the bathroom a little faster than you had planned.
                            Last edited by Dugie; 06-20-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                              One word - Tabilitas [emoji106]

And you're welcome [emoji846]
                              Absolutely my favorite.

Comment

I don't care for those types stores and don't frequent them.
                                I'll save y'all the effort & say "good, more for us!" Those stores are nasty.

Comment

Working...
                                X