Meeting a murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post

His name was Kenny Miller and he was the Under Sheriff for Beaver,County. I would post a link to the story but I don't know how but for anyone that wants to read it

Thanks for sharing. Sorry about your grandfather.

Undersheriff Kenneth Miller was shot and killed while investigating reports of a man attempting to stop traffic north of Turpen, Oklahoma, at 1:00 am. A citizen who went to Undersheriff Miller's home to report the incident was also shot and killed when he rode to the scene with Undersheriff Miller.

Comment

My wife served breakfast to Henry Lee Lucas and two Law Enforcement Officers when she was a waitress in her teens.

Comment

Guy i went to school with, his little brother shot another kid several years younger than us in 2009 i think.

Guy who was a Sr when i was freshman i think killed his stepdad with a bat when he walked in on him beating his mom. This was while in HS he got off.

I grew up in the same town as Kenneth Mcduff. I still remember how scared everyone was when he got released in the early 90s until he was captured again.

Comment

met a lady at a bar I used to hang out at. She and her husband were always up there. She was a loud mouth and pretty obnoxious but her husband always seemed like a good guy. A while later she ended up shooting him in the back in their kitchen I believe. Claimed abuse and self defense but had been spouting off over text messages earlier in the day about killing him when he gets home and laughing all the way to the bank or some crap like that. I have a picture somewhere the she photo-bombed me and a couple of friends. She's in jail now for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            My aunt was killed and the cold case investigation led me down a career path which put me in the room with lots of murderers. I finally had enough and had to get out this year but there's nothing like talking to and matching wits with a killer. http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ce-3589658.php
            Dang Chew you are a good man. I bet that was quite a challenging and rewarding career. Best of luck to you sir.

Comment

I've been around several unfortunately. Most recent was a male nurse I worked with. Him and I didn't see eye to eye, but we tolerated each other. He was a great nurse and employee and his patients absolutely loved him. One evening after work he went home and apparently got into an altercation with his pregnant fiancé. She called 911 and told him she was on the phone with them and he said "you shouldn't have called them" Comes out with a 30-06 and shot her in the head while on the phone with the dispatcher. You just never know.

Comment

Meeting a murderer? Does my brother count? He's killed more than one and tried to kill a couple more. Yet he's out, and among us. I imagine it's more common than we know about.

Comment

When my dad was in high school he was friends with two brothers who lived and loved to fight. One night a fight went to far and one of the brothers was beaten to death in their front yard with the metal end of a garden hose. They all knew the guy and he was locked up.

Comment

I used to bowhunt a small WMA in SW Ar. Met this guy that parked and hunted the same area. He was a likeable guy and over a couple of hunting seasons, we had many conversations as our paths crossed in the woods or at the truck. One summer , he killed a guy, dismembered him with an axe and disposed of the body parts in our hunting woods.

I coached youth league baseball for several years. I had a 14 year old that had a terrible attitude and was a trouble maker, and I ended up removing him from the team. Fast forward about ten years...he shoots up a night club , killing one and wounding four.

Comment

I had a good friend growing up that was a couple of years older than I was. His mom worked at the small branch of a local bank (like 3 employees)and had been embezzling money for some time. The president of the bank was in the process of figuring out what was happening early one morning and my friends mom came in and shot him twice with a .25 cal pistol in his back while he faced his computer back toward the door. he was pronounced doa when he got to the hospital that my mom worked at. It was hard on my friends family having to deal with that, shocked our small town and isn't something he ever talked about much afterwards, other than the fact that as a Christian he's suppose to forgive and her actions don't change the fact that's she's still his mom. He is still a good friend of mine to this day, he stood in my wedding and we attend each others kids bday parties. I remember going over to his house when we were kids and his dad was as good a guy as a kid could ask for, but his mom was mean as hell. she's in Huntsville and probably will get out one day.....
                      Last edited by MASTERS; 06-16-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

A friend of mine jogged my memory today.....getting old...... I have known at least 3 people who have killed, one shot a man in a cemetery....???? Not sure what they were doing... heard rabbit hunting and an older person tried something the younger didn't like and he shot him, met that one after he was grown and out of prison.... next one was a fight outside a bar, one guy hit another in throats and killed him..... he got off and is still quiet the scrim bag.... in jail I believe, next one was a woman I knew, went to where her husband was remodeling a house and pumped him full of 22 bullets......she is still in pen. My mind just opened right up once it got jogged a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One thing this thread will teach you is to be a nice person in general. No reason to tick off a total stranger, it may be one of these people we are talking about! I don't want to be the trigger that makes them snap!

Comment

I bought a car at Robins Chevrolet in Humble back around 1992. The salesman I bought my truck from was very friendly and talked about how the lord had changed his life. He went home right after I bought my truck from him and killed his wife and son and tried to kill his friend but he jumped from a second story window to escape. I was the last person to see him before he killed them. To this day I'm surprise the cops didn't talk with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
                              yes

Wow! Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had an old friend who killed a guy in a bar in Puerto rico. He was dancing with a woman and didn't know she was married and next thing he knew he was being stabbed in the back and neck. Went out to his truck got his 45, went back in the bar and shot the guy in the head. He almost bled to death before he got to the Hospital. He served 5 years in prison. He was from Puerto Rico btw.

Another guy I went to high school with killed 2 people but was involved in more murders. He got exacuted.

3 friends of mine also killed themselves at young ages. Still blows my mine when I think about it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X