New Hog Hunting Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
    Wow! I honestly had no idea that pigs could do that much damage to a field.

Go get em!

Richard.
    I don't think that was pigs Junkers. Unless they named a plow or disc pigs.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I don't think that was pigs Junkers. Unless they named a plow or disc pigs.

I have seen fields just like that torn up by pigs, that a tractor never touched! Once they find something they like, they devestate it!

Bisch

Comment

Yeah but that had clean edges and I thought it looked plowed.

Comment

This was all pigs. They've wrecked this place. It's about the worst I've ever seen!! It's dry, but you almost have to have 4wd to drive across it just because they have it rooted up so bad.

Comment

Wow. Well thermal gear, a suppressor and a good shooter can thin them but more likely just move most of them. For an issue that big a huge trap with a feeder in it is the best remedy and don't shoot them in the trap.

Comment

Yeah the property owner has thermal. I got a feeling at least some of these pigs are living on borrowed time. I'm planning to hunt at my place Sunday, spend the night there and then hunt this place again Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

you better get out there and go kill some!!!

Comment

I'm gonna try!! I'm planning to go back Monday if all goes well.

Comment

i'm just taking a guess here, but there are more than a couple hogs in the area.

Comment

I'm back at it today, at my spot. The hogs have been in the mud hole pretty good, and they're cleaning the corn up. Wind is pretty stiff but it's in the right direction. Mosquitoes are horrible!! Thermacell is working overtime today.

Comment

Thermacell good.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                          I'm back at it today, at my spot. The hogs have been in the mud hole pretty good, and they're cleaning the corn up. Wind is pretty stiff but it's in the right direction. Mosquitoes are horrible!! Thermacell is working overtime today.

I much prefer a good stiff wind. Less chance of It swirling!! Good luck bud!!!

Comment

True that. Swirling or fickle winds usually result in a fruitless sit.

Comment

Well it's dark and no report. Guess the pigs won again.

Comment

Struck out tonight. I did hear some, but they were a long way off. If the weather is good I'll probably try again tomorrow evening, at my buddy's place again. Looking like some storms may roll through early in the morning, but supposed to be ok tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X