No announcement yet.

Ford Engine - 5.0 V8 or 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to add I've also had my rack and pinion replaced under warranty. Another common problem with this truck...

Comment

Sounds like Mr. Ecoboost is a minority of the Ecoboost trucks having problems. I'd say there is a chance you are gonna have problems with any vehicle the way they are mass produced. All brand, all models. But for the most part other than a few quirks like any new innovation that the Ecoboost rocks! Too many happy customers to prove it. Hopefully they'll get your truck fixed soon. And it sounds like with the mpg you are getting something is definitely wrong.

Comment

I was looking hard at the Eco before i bought my Dodge. Over 370 hp and 420 pounds of torque is just amazing coming out of a V6.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350870896.652964.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	24130739
          Love my 5.0 lots of power. No prob pullin that tractor (except suspension, just had to put the majority of the weight on the trailer axles). Average about 17 in the city and 23 if straight fairly level highway. Of coarse that is keeping my foot out of it to see what it would get. But since my truck does not get turned off for about 8 hrs a day ( a salesman in the oilfield) it only shows about 15 all the time but that's because of all the idling. I have a friend that has the Eco boost and he loves it also. I think ull be happy either way.

Comment

I have a 2012 supercrew with the 5.0. I'm very happy with it. Mine has the 3.55 rear end and pulls my camper like it's not there. Acceleration is darn impressive. I've taken a couple road trips in it and averaged 21 mpg. Around town it's getting 17. I was torn between the eccoboost and 5.0 and honestly felt like I was making a safer decision going with the 5.0. Call me old fashioned, but I want more than a few years worth of history before I call the eccoboost dead solid. I can't argue the performance the eccoboosts put out though, 213 cubic inch motor....crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
              Sounds like Mr. Ecoboost is a minority of the Ecoboost trucks having problems. I'd say there is a chance you are gonna have problems with any vehicle the way they are mass produced. All brand, all models. But for the most part other than a few quirks like any new innovation that the Ecoboost rocks! Too many happy customers to prove it. Hopefully they'll get your truck fixed soon. And it sounds like with the mpg you are getting something is definitely wrong.
              On the flip side is that my current truck was the 1st ever new truck I ever bought. It was a 2008 Texas Edition Crew Cab 5.3L V8 Chevy and it has been in the shop 8 times for the rear end, 3 out of the 4 door locks have broke (even admitted by guys at the dealership they have a problem but Chevy does nothing) and had a cam and lifter job done at 20K miles so I understand that sometimes you just get a bad truck.

Comment

Heath, I am very pleased with my ecoboost thus far.. Got 39k on it..

Coming home from Brady this weekend I got 21.8 mpg running 78-80 mph on 20

Comment

I've pulled a large cargo trailer with about 6k of corn in it, pulls it fine power wise by remember it is a half ton, not a 3/4, u def feel the load behind you but u can pull faster than you'll feel safe. It's a torque monster!
                  I had a 09 diesel f250 and I also have a 01 f250 v10 and everything I have pulled with it the Eco has pulled just as well. I would put the Eco side by side with my v10 and I guarantee with about 4k pounds the Eco would out pull the v10 in the 1/4. If they would put the engine in a 3/4 chassis I would buy it.

As far as mileage, I have a crew, 6.5' bed, 3.73 rearend, 4x4 and when it was stock I took 3 long trips to Albuquerque and Nashville and set at 65 it got 19-20 mpg. I put diff tires and grill guard, knocked mileage down bout 2 mpg. If your never gonna pull I would get the 3.56 rearend and leave it stock you should get 17-20 if you keep your foot out which is hard to do. It is def the best gas engine I have ever driven and it is fun to drive.
                  23k miles since April and no problems.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm leaning toward the eco. Go to this website for a good warranty and pricing. http://www.vernonautogroup.com/

Comment

There are "some" problems with the Eco but all trucks have some problems, especially new engine setups.

I have not driven the 5.0 for the record.

Comment

If you get the Eco Hope you get one of the good ones...
                        I have about 25 videos on you tube of mine messing up and Ford Don't know how to fix it. I have also been contact by many people having some or all of the same problems I am...

search "ecoboost problems" on youtube or go to the link below and read my whole story...
                        2009 - 2014 Ford F150 - Ford F-150 Ecoboost problems limp mode and many other issues - for the first 20,000 miles (plus or minus) I was a Major Ecoboost fan, since then my thoughts of Ford and This engine/truck have changed a little. What would you guys do about this? Starting around 20k miles my truck started missing...

Comment

Has anyone brought up the torture test on ford.com. It made me a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                            I'm in the same boat as you and I'm leaning toward the eco. Go to this website for a good warranty and pricing. http://www.vernonautogroup.com/
                            I have seen several people mention Vernon Auto Group, but I was wondering what the deal is with them. I see the free lifetime powertrain warranty which does sound like a nice benefit. Any other reason?

Comment

Originally posted by michaelpauleva View Post
                              Has anyone brought up the torture test on ford.com. It made me a believer.
                              Ever seen a manufacturer produce the results of a test that made them look bad?

Comment

Originally posted by kelley350x View Post
                                If you get the Eco Hope you get one of the good ones...
                                I have about 25 videos on you tube of mine messing up and Ford Don't know how to fix it. I have also been contact by many people having some or all of the same problems I am...

search "ecoboost problems" on youtube or go to the link below and read my whole story...
                                http://www.f150forum.com/f38/ford-f-...issues-157704/
                                Since my last truck was a lemon, I am hoping that my new one will not be. The law of averages.

Comment

Working...
                                X