Let’s try this again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
    That other one didn’t last long...what happened?
    I’m sure someone got offended and posted something inappropriate. I know I didn’t.

Comment

$0

Last time I got one in this class I dropped on public 16 yrs ago. If it's buying the shot is your thing, I say "have at it".

Never bought corn, cameras, or box blinds. No offense to everyone that does it. Good Luck.

Comment

Nothing.....
        I don't hunt horns....

Comment

I’d love to do it once. For a 75% chance of success, I’d be a little less likely to gamble. At 75%, I’d pay a day fee of $100 and a kill fee of $1500 - 2000. That’s about what I spend on a lease each year with a 20% rate on any deer. I enjoy the hunting more than the trophy but I would like to do it just to say that I’ve done it. High-fence/low-fence/no-fence doesn’t particularly matter that much to me. I’d like to try a few different styles of hunting all at the same time. (Spot and stalk, blind/stand).

From recent history, a 190” is about $10K but I think that was 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
            I’d love to do it once. For a 75% chance of success, I’d be a little less likely to gamble. At 75%, I’d pay a day fee of $100 and a kill fee of $1500 - 2000. That’s about what I spend on a lease each year with a 20% rate on any deer. I enjoy the hunting more than the trophy but I would like to do it just to say that I’ve done it. High-fence/low-fence/no-fence doesn’t particularly matter that much to me. I’d like to try a few different styles of hunting all at the same time. (Spot and stalk, blind/stand).

Pretty sure 100 percent for s 190” deer will be more than 10 grand.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              75 percent chance, regardless of location.

Paid $2500 in IL, $1500 in OH. Was a 75% chance of kill, but no guarantee on what. Unless it’s a pinned up deer, you take what comes. Also, these weren’t on feeders, it was over corn/soybeans in OH and a cutover in IL.

Comment

I've been working this very goal 15yrs now on the current 7k acre hf ranch we've been on... sure one or more has been out there to take every year but this whole misconception of being a hunt like some sort of fish in a barrel shoot is the biggest pile of internet crap ever conceived!! sticks in my craw to still see comments about fair chase superior sportsman who won't acknowledge the variables of difficulty between hunting circumstances. HF is no guarantee

Embarrassed & apprehensive to even consider adding up the jack spent...albeit worth every cent. The $$$$ spent isn't about the trophy anyway. More about the time in the field. Mounting a 170 is just an addy & hope it happens this year

Comment

If it is one of those pesky golf course deer that eat your garden down the dirt...........

I will come get him and plant you a new garden in the spring

Seriously though, with my luck I would be in the 25% that didn't get the opportunity

I can see $2500-3500 being possible

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post

This seems reasonable

Comment

How does one derive on a "75%" chance Is that a single outing, 3-5 day hunt or possibly a season?

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                        How does one derive on a "75%" chance Is that a single outing, 3-5 day hunt or possibly a season?
                        I’ll rephrase. “A darn good chance”. It’s hunting, no guarantee, and you might get it done in a day, and it might take 10 , but a darn good chance.
                        Last edited by rocky; 09-03-2018, 07:02 AM.

Comment

1500$ for the hunt

2000-3500 kill fee if the animal is hit.

Just my opinion!

Comment

This got me curious and I started checking out prices. It looks like a 160” will run $5-6k. Too rich for my blood.

Comment

I’m not going to pay to go sit in a blind that someone else has done all the work. Now if I get to scout and do my own setup I still wouldn’t pay more then $500 and it would have to be at least a 5 day hunt. I realize no place is going to have a 5 day hunt for a 160 buck for 500 with a 75% chance. Now I would pay $4500 to get on a year round Lease that has a 75% chance at a 160 buck but the difference is I get to hunt year round and kill multiple animals. While I do like going after big bucks, I like the hunt more then the horns.

Comment

$53 for a 167 2/8" on public land

Comment

Working...
                                X