• Time
  • Show
Clear All

55 Gallon Drum Protein Feeder

Funnel inside 4" Toliet Flange

Funnel inside barrel

Barrel with pipe on it

Feeder at work...

Thanks for posting this. Had a few questions. did you use a funnel ? And how big did you make the hole in the bottom? How high off the ground did you put the bottom of the PVC? Im thinking about doing this witth a old feeder barrel I have.

Comment

I did use a funnel, which you can see in the 4th pic. I used a 2" hole drill bit to make the hole in the bottom of the barrel. I have the bottom part of the "T" 40 inches off the ground. Let me know if you have any more questions. Just to let you know, I bought the leg brackets that attach to the feeder barrel at Academy for $17.99 & they are $29.99 at Bass Pro... I bought the legs at a place that sells metal & they were $14.99 for a 21 foot stick & they are schedule 40...

Comment

Thanks for the info. Ive been wondering what to use to attach the pvc and i never thought about using a toilet flange.

Comment

thanks!!

Comment

This looks realy good. I have done a few as well. I have barrel leg bands left over from my retail store, that I use. You do not have to drill holes in the barrel and they are adjustable. I'll post pics a little later. Keep up the good work.

tending the fire,
            Bob G.

Comment

Great build and pics! Thanks!

predatorsniper

Comment

nice

Comment

does the pvc angled up like that catch water? i have been told to stay away from screws and stuff going into a protein feeder and to stick to all welded construction to keep water out

Comment

Building one of my own. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Thanks for the post, time to get some materials together.

Comment

I finished making mine last weekend. Thanks for the info on how to build. Bout that time to start getting some protein out.

Comment

Like that design... gonna have to try that

Comment

looks like it works

Comment

I'm guessing you glued the PVC down spout to the toilet flange? I've been looking for something like this. I've got the drum, just need the PVC and it's done. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X