Big Florida buck poached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Florida buck poached

MCSO TRACKS MIAMI MAN WHO ILLEGALLY KILLED A POTENTIAL RECORD CLASS 23-POINT BUCK ON STATE PROPERTY IN MARTIN COUNTY

54-year old Mario Palacio had no idea our deputies, who are also avid sportsmen, keep close tabs on the local whitetail deer herd. The Miami man now faces a number of serious charges after illegally shooting and killing an enormous buck on state property in Indiantown. (pictured below)

While on patrol, Sergeant Kevin Kryzda noticed a dark truck parked in a wooded area near a construction site off of Citrus Boulevard. Sergeant Kryzda could see the driver using a spotlight to illuminate a deer. As the Sergeant approached, the truck sped off. Sergeant Kryzda notified Deputy Jason Slay who was near-by, AIR-1, and an agricultural detective for assistance. A short time later, Deputy Slay spotted Palacio’s truck as he attempted to leave the area. After Palacio saw the deputy, he pulled over. Around the same time, AIR-1 spotted a very large antlered deer carcass in the wooded area where the truck was originally spotted. Deputies determined that the buck was recently shot by what appeared to be a high-caliber rifle. Inside Palacio’s truck, deputies found hunting gear to include a bow, arrows, spotlight, and a single spent shell casing from a .30-06 caliber rifle, but no rifle. With the assistance of FWC, and use of their specially trained K-9, investigators located a .30-06 rifle in the area where Palacio was seen.

Mario Enrique Palacio was arrested and charged with Trespass on a Construction Site, and Trespass by Lethal Projectile. Both are felony charges. FWC is also investigating and Palacio is likely to face additional state charges.

The carcass of the buck is being properly processed and documented as evidence for prosecutorial purposes. The deer meat has been donated to a local facility. A preliminary and unofficial scoring has the deer measured at 205-7/8 inches. An official Boone and Crockett Club Scoring Professional is scheduled to assess this impressive deer to see where it fits into the state record class.

The Martin County Sheriff’s Office Agricultural Deputies, along with patrol deputies in Indiantown will continue their proactive patrols and remain monitoring the local whitetail herd.

The photo depicting the deer still alive was taken by Sergeant Kryzda just 24-hours prior to being illegally harvested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a POS!

Comment

Dang that’s crazy
      He had a nice rifle tho

Comment

there has to be a whole lot more to this story. a whole lot more.

Comment

Wow, it amazes me the crazy things people will do to kill a big buck. Especially when it sounds like this was a well known buck. Dude deserves all of the charges he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
            You think?
            Sounds like a typical spotlighting case to me.. Another typical "Big buck makes a grown azz man do stupid crap" type situation. Happens a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
              Wow, it amazes me the crazy things people will do to kill a big buck. Especially when it sounds like this was a well known buck. Dude deserves all of the charges he gets.

Yea I don't get it..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                You think?
                Sounds like a typical spotlighting case to me.. Another typical "Big buck makes a grown azz man do stupid crap" type situation. Happens a lot.
                200 class south florida native deer just aint a thing. that is one of the things that jumps out at me.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                  Like what?

Comment

i'm pretty sure this is just a misunderstood case of humane dispatch.

Comment

Pathetic loser

Comment

Nice deer. Wish it went to someone who deserved it.

Comment

Aww man. Almost got away with having a huge buck you poached to put on your wall to remind you what a worthless, cheating, lying , unethical, greedy “hunter” you are. Nice try D-bag... Enjoy prison and loosing your hunting privileges for life.

Comment

Just don’t understand why you would poach a deer, even if you got away with it you would always feel guilty about it.

Comment

And it isnt gun season either, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X