No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2017 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most bucks still have their horns on our ranches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bucks are losing horns on our properties in hidalgo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm entering year 6 in Mcmullen County between Tilden and Fowlerton off of Hwy 72. Joe over at Free Flo Feeds in Tilden has gotten his feed prices in line with the competition, although he's such a good guy, I always bought from him anyway. Here's to a great season in the STX!

Comment

Started off with good rain in Tilden. Snakes are out and about. Should be a good year if we can continue with average rainfall.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4180.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	24490460

Comment

Got a new place in hebbronville. Where is everyone getting protein at.
            We don't mind picking it up along the way. Priced some in freer that was 470 a ton in bags. 429 a ton for bulk. Seemed high to me.

Comment

Set up a popup blind today on one of my feeders, hoping to get a javelina and nilgai out of here during the off season. Checked trail cams and have does with young spike bucks growing pretty well. Also had a random turkey come through. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2253.jpg
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	24494041
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2252.jpg
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	24494042

Comment

Just put out 22 tons of protein and 3 tons of Cottonseed. Cows had been getting in our feeders but they removed them this week. We are near Catarina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Went and threw more corn in some feeders, pulled cards and have big does with young spike bucks in velvet. Protein pellets we are feeding will hopefully make these guys big one day. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2338.jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	24494369

Comment

Nice thread(s). You guys are getting me fired up. This will be my first year on a lease in Duval county near Freer.

Comment

Went down weekend of April 22nd and cut mesquite back on some of the roads. We also moved a feeder and filled them. Saw turkeys all deer season and tried to make a hunt and didn't see anything. I guess I need to work on calling skills considering I called in a bobcat and coyote with my turkey call[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        Went down weekend of April 22nd and cut mesquite back on some of the roads. We also moved a feeder and filled them. Saw turkeys all deer season and tried to make a hunt and didn't see anything. I guess I need to work on calling skills considering I called in a bobcat and coyote with my turkey call[emoji23]

You have that turkey in distress call on point I would say

Comment

Just got on a new place in southwest Duval County. Hoping things work out.

Comment

Cool thread. Always curious to other TBH'ers in the area. My family has 640 acres in Duval Co. near Realitos/Concepcion. Been there about 12 years now. Deer aren't the biggest but we've got plenty of hogs and awesome dove hunting. Black Ice, you ever had a chicken fried steak w/ yellow gravy from Stricklands in Fal? Life changing Lol

Comment

South Texas Hunters 2017 Thread

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                              Cool thread. Always curious to other TBH'ers in the area. My family has 640 acres in Duval Co. near Realitos/Concepcion. Been there about 12 years now. Deer aren't the biggest but we've got plenty of hogs and awesome dove hunting. Black Ice, you ever had a chicken fried steak w/ yellow gravy from Stricklands in Fal? Life changing Lol

I haven't been back to Stricklands since the roach incident.

Was eating there on New Years Eve about 5 years ago and I went to the bathroom right before we left. They had already turned and when I turned them back on it was like Joe's apartment in there.

Comment

A little extra protein never hurt anybody! Lol never heard about that. May have to find a new spot...

Comment

Working...
                                X