How to cook ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Google 3-2-1 method for ribs at 225.... Or 2-2-1 at 250.

Like stated above do not forget to peel the membrane off the back of each rack. Your teeth will thank you. I use a paper towel to grab and pull. Very easy.

My Dad did some 3-2-1 ribs last weekend...they were killer!!!!

Skinny

Comment

I decided early last summer I was going to master pork ribs. Spent most of last summer trying different temps, times and rubs. Yesterday I made the best yet.

First: Remove membrane.

Second: Rub- Whataburger Mustard, then Stubbs pork rub

Third: Fridge for 2-3 hours wrapped in foil then let rest out of fridge for 30-45 minutes.

Fourth: Get your inderect heat as far from the fire as possible to 225-235. Once you have it there get the ribs in fast.

Fifth: Set the IGrill termo and grab a beer.

Sixth: 1:45 in remove foil

Seventh: Remove from smoker after another 1:45

Eight: Wrap in foil and let sit for 20 minutes.

THEN CUT AND EAT.

Comment

I like to do St Louis style ribs over baby backs. I pull the membrane off and coat them liberally with Williams Rib Tickler and wrap with Saran Wrap and refrigerate overnight. I then smoke them for about 3 hours at 225 then take them off and foil them with brown sugar, squeeze Parkay, honey and tiger sauce and put them back on the smoker for 2 more hours (since they are foiled I could finish them in the oven but the smoker is out and hot so...) I let them cool 10-15 minutes cut with an electric knife (because it is fast and doesn't pull the meat off the bone) and serve.

Apparently they are over cooked since they fall off the bone but my family loves them this way and they are wrong but until Byron Mixon comes to dinner I will cook them how they like them!

Comment

For the meaty country style ribs I drop the Ribs in seasoned boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain, cool and apply rub...go es to the smoker at 225 for 2 hours. Pulled, sauced and wrapped and put back on smoker at 225 for 2 hours. Pull out of foil and put on hot grill to Carmelized and lightly blacken the sauce.

Comment

I cooked some awesomeness... Used TC's method and it is on the money. Near fall off the bone, tender, juicy.... YumClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1402875960573.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	24310130

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Google 3-2-1 method for ribs at 225.... Or 2-2-1 at 250.
              The only way to fly!!!!

Like stated above do not forget to peel the membrane off the back of each rack. Your teeth will thank you. I use a paper towel to grab and pull. Very easy.
              The only way to fly!!!!

Comment

Anybody ever try the Orion cooker? Don't know how it works but at a meeting last year I watched a guy light the fire and put the ribs on. We were eating delicious fall off the bone ribs two hours later. I would never have believed it if I had not witnessed and tasted the results.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                  start our boiling them in a large pot of water. after about an hour take them out and cook in the oven with sauce for about two more hours at 400 deg.
                  WWhhhhhaaattttttttttttttttt!
                  Must be one of them northern felers.

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                    Wrapping and cutting for the next stage [ATTACH]608127[/ATTACH][ATTACH]608128[/ATTACH][ATTACH]608129[/ATTACH]
                    Thats what im talkin bout

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck24 View Post
                      This is pretty much how I do mine as well and they come out really good
                      I do this same thing except I rub mine and wrap and cook for about 3 hrs then unwrap and glaze with sauce then back on for 10-20 mins just to carmalize them.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                        These are my comp ribs from last weekend, hit 4th out of 28 with them. Same exact recipe also hit 16th out of 184 at nationals last year.
                        These are pork st Louis ?

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                          These are pork st Louis ?
                          Old thread, but thanks for bringing it back up...

Yes, those are St. Louis style ribs... Might give a couple sides a whirl tomorrow if I get a hog in the morning hunt!

Comment

Working...
                          X