No announcement yet.

New f250 lariat. What are y'all paying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man y’all are makin me jealous. I’ve got my eye on an F350 in White Gold I just can’t pull the trigger. Having no payment that last four years has been nice!!!

Comment

Still seeing a few 2017 Lariats listed online. What would y'all consider to be a normal discount with all the '18's on the lot? I'm of the mindset they should discount close to a years worth of depreciation but it never seems to be the case when negotiating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        Well that was quick. New, new, old.

2018 ultimate lariat. Sticker was 71,500.
        Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        Congrats. Bet you feel like a million bucks each time you walk past it.

Comment

I have taken my last 2 vehicles which I bought used past 200k miles. This last one had 90k and was 3 years old. Zero wrong with it, but with harvey, it was worth more than I owed plus my down payment. So, I figured what the heck. Same terms, same payment, lower rate, almost same amount financed. New truck, new warranty, don't need to buy new tires in 5 months, and only back up in total debt owed, but my net worth is the same or really close. So in this case it made sense. I'll likely keep this one 200k miles unless we have another 1000 year flood soon

Like I said you can justify it a million different ways. I don't judge your for buying the new truck, and in your case I guess it kinda makes sense. I just cant make myself do it anymore. I spent the first 18 years of my driving life with a car payment and I'm just over it.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
            Like I said you can justify it a million different ways. I don't judge your for buying the new truck, and in your case I guess it kinda makes sense. I just cant make myself do it anymore. I spent the first 18 years of my driving life with a car payment and I'm just over it.
            Oh, I hear you and agree. I didn't have a payment for a lo ng time and loved it. My goal is to only finance a vehicle for 3 years, and drive it for 6, then start over. Fortunately and unfortunately, I'm self employed and the company pays for the truck pre-tax. The bad news is, I drive a bunch of miles and my vehicle appearance is an issue if I show up in a 10 yr old car at an appointment to build a $1million+ home for someone. I hate that, but most of that clientele does judge my success a little by it. Miles isn't the issue usually, it's the age. I'm good now for 6-8 years since I don't see ford changing the body style any time soon.

Comment

Got the same truck last week but lariat value package with Bedliner and window tint for 55k great looking truck!

Comment

Originally posted by BigSIX View Post
                Got the same truck last week but lariat value package with Bedliner and window tint for 55k great looking truck!

'17 or '18? Either way sounds like great deal from what I'm running into while looking.

Comment

17 sticker was 67k this is the value package not the ultimate with sunroof and push start

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                    I would say that most everyone that buys a brand new truck is buying because they WANT a new truck. You can justify it a million different ways if you want to convince yourself to buy a new truck. But there is absolutely no way you can convince me that a vehicle is anything more than an expense that you will never recoop the money spent on it. I was told a long time ago by a gentleman with a lot more money than most that you should never finance a vehicle unless That vehicle is 100 percent responsible for at least 2x its monthly expense in profit for you.
                    I don't buy new vehicles and personally don't have a truck payment. Im still driving my 2006 3500 cummins with 225,000 miles. But I am a small business owner and have been tempted to buy a new 3/4 ton truck or bigger for a tax write off instead of giving my money to the government. You can depreciate a new vehicle in a single year if need be. So although I think buying new vehicles is a terrible investment and makes no good financial sense there are a few instances they could help you out.

Comment

Oh, I hear you and agree. I didn't have a payment for a lo ng time and loved it. My goal is to only finance a vehicle for 3 years, and drive it for 6, then start over. Fortunately and unfortunately, I'm self employed and the company pays for the truck pre-tax. The bad news is, I drive a bunch of miles and my vehicle appearance is an issue if I show up in a 10 yr old car at an appointment to build a $1million+ home for someone. I hate that, but most of that clientele does judge my success a little by it. Miles isn't the issue usually, it's the age. I'm good now for 6-8 years since I don't see ford changing the body style any time soon.

If you finance for 3 and drive it for 6, you shouldn't need to finance again. Just keep throwing that payment in an account after the first 3 years, buy a new truck with cash after 3 more years and then start over

Comment

Like an old car salesman and a family friend told me and my uncle, if you can afford that that payment and it doesn't put you in a bind. Why not drive a new truck with a warranty. I understand what you're saying, we owned a glass company and my uncle owns his construction company and it looks good to show up in a newer clean truck. So if one can afford that payment its a no brainer.

Comment

And I was pulling my hair at the thought of paying $15.9 for a used truck. Wow! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2740.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	24526935

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Paid $500 for this F250 and put $1000 into repairs to make it road worthy. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0618.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	24526936

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post
                              Like an old car salesman and a family friend told me and my uncle, if you can afford that that payment and it doesn't put you in a bind. Why not drive a new truck with a warranty. I understand what you're saying, we owned a glass company and my uncle owns his construction company and it looks good to show up in a newer clean truck. So if one can afford to pay cash its a no brainer.

My dad is a depression baby. He taught me if you have to finance anything other than a house then you can't afford it. I understand the arguments to finance at times, but agree with the sentiment. It seems dealers are doing about the same on 17s and 18s, eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X