Breakfast Taco vs. Breakfast Burrito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast Taco vs. Breakfast Burrito

I am beginning to think this is a Geographic point for Texans.

I stopped into the local catch-all this morning and asked for "2 Breakfast Tacos" because that's what they have always been called. If I am making breakfast for the crew, and it get's mentioned, it is always "Hey Dad, how about some Breakfast Tacos?"

The lady @ the counter this morning was completely perplexed - she asked me to repeat 3 times. Then said, "Oh, you were confusing me...you want a Breakfast Burrito?"

Geographically speaking, I am from Far West and Central TX, but live N DFW. I guess in the North they are Burritos?

So all that to say - Useless ATC Question coming - what are they to you? Brkfst Tacos? Brkfst Burritos?

In San Angelo they were always burritos and that's what I have always called em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hispanic from S Texas here (Corpus Christi). To me, it's just breakfast. Lol but I've never heard them being referred to as "burritos." It's either "taquitos" or "breakfast tacos".

Comment

Tacos down here. At least that's how I order them

Comment

Breakfast Tacos!

Comment

Tacos FTW...!!!

Comment

taco's. I'm in DFW as well and I call them taco's. Or taquito at Whataburger.

Comment

Two different animals.................it's all about how they're folded.
                The Taquaria down the road has both.
                DJ

Comment

To me a taco is typically on a corn tortilla, always folded and usually smaller than a burrito which is rolled and almost always on a flour tortilla.

Comment

If the tortilla is left open they are tacos. If the tortilla is wrapped up closed it's a burrito. Now I'm hungry.

Comment

It is not limited to geography, it's universal.

If the contents are rolled into a tortilla, it is a burrito. If the contents are placed into a folded tortilla, it is a taco.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                        Two different animals.................it's all about how they're folded.
                        The Taquaria down the road has both.
                        DJ
                        Tacos for me, I would agree with this...and say that size plays a part as well.

Comment

to me, a burrito is just fully wrapped whereas a taco has the tortilla just folded over the fillings.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post

If the contents are rolled into a tortilla, it is a burrito. If the contents are placed into a folded tortilla, it is a taco.

That's the way I understood it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post

Si Amigo!

Comment

Working...
                              X