X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Angelo, Spike/Anterless.

Comment

Drew doe/spike Colorado bend
      Any tips or anyone know hows the hunting there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Next year for me.

Comment

I had 7 points and nothing. PSH

Comment

lump of coal for me!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
              I'm sure I will. It's a pretty good drive for me. I camped there last year and it's a nice park. The weather shouldn't be too cold early in November so I'll probably tent camp.

I will be tent camping as well. I will be driving in from Seguin Tx. Thinking of leaving after work on Monday or early Tuesday morning. Hope to see you there around camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got drawn for Gun Either Sex at Colorado Bend for 11/13-15. Had 16 points in GDE so nice to finally draw. My son (79F250), FIL and good friend are all going. Really excited. Any info appreciated. Drew with nephew also for youth Chap doe. That one is always a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                  My son is 13 and he is 0-fer since he was old enough to begin applying. I'd really like him to get selected for something and not have the 20+ preference points story.

My son never drew on a youth hunt. We did several over the years on standby but never drawn. The really crappy part is the points from the youth categories Do NOT carry over to the adult ones so he started over on points. I suggest you enter him on at least one adult hunt in each category along with your entries so that he will gather points. It’s free for youth to enter so no loss even if he can’t go on the hunt if you actually get drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by LVhunter09 View Post
                    I drew San Angelo state park for the spike and doe hunt has anyone been?

Been on a youth hunt years ago and have hunted there with the walk on archery quite a bit in the past. If you hunt on the east side of 2288 (the lake side with the campsites) you should see lots of deer. Some of the hunts there have been real meat hauls in the past. If you hunt the west side of 2288, which is the area where you can do the walk on archery hunting, the deer might not be quite as plentiful but still should have no problem seeing deer. There have been a few axis roaming around the north end of the park but haven’t heard of one being shot in the last few years. Had a really good Fall and Spring with rain so deer should be healthy. Got a lot of deer on camera already near Twin Buttes which is only a few miles away. Hunting is by assigned box blind. Terrain looks a lot like South Texas with lots of mesquite and cactus. Some compartments have longhorn cattle so don’t dump corn in big piles or you won’t get them to leave. Keep it spread thin and they have too hard of time picking it up and likely move on.

Comment

my dad and I drew for doe hunt at lake whitney state park.
                      sounds like staff take you to a designated spot/blind. anyone have any knowledge/experience with this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        My little dude just got drawn for Mason Mountain WMA. Guess it's time to do a little research.

Any pointers, greatly appreciated.

Went last year on a management hunt with son and FIL. Here is live hunt thread from last year: Going live at Mason Mountain WMA

First tip is to call now and reserve a room at the lodge. It’s free but is first come first served. Most of the rooms can hold a group of four. Thread has a few pics of the lodge. They also have a very nice shooting range right behind the lodge if you need it. Have concrete tables and lead sleds.

You will love the place. One of my favorite hunts ever even though I didn’t get anything. I’m putting in for that place every year now on.

Comment

goose egg here

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                            Balcones DEC 5-8!
                            I drew this tag as well, but I believe it was Dec 6-8. Scouting open on the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                              San Angelo, Spike/Anterless.
                              Cool!! See ya there!!

Comment

Originally posted by LVhunter09 View Post
                                I will be tent camping as well. I will be driving in from Seguin Tx. Thinking of leaving after work on Monday or early Tuesday morning. Hope to see you there around camp.

We'll get together for sure. I just saw where Stoof here on TBH drew too. I'll probably get there Monday afternoon and set up. I called the park yesterday and they said it would be fine to get there Monday. I'll be in a gray F150 with a TBH sticker in the window. Can't miss me.

Comment

Working...
                                X