Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshman View Post
    And why is that? Just asking.
    doesnt effect my life in the least either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
      What's worse than removing the statues is the intentional changes to school history books to either not teach anything or to skew the truth that is being forced on our youth.
      Ohhh, you mean like they have already been doing for the last 200 yrs

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
        i couldnt care less, honestly.

And why is that? Just asking.

Comment

Be prepared...there will be a certain troll to come & inform you how wrong you are about your history & how correct this certain mayor & councilman are correct in their decision.

Originally posted by qWuARk556 View Post
          People r stupid. They dont realize the Civil War was about states and individual rights. The North still had slaves. Abraham Lincoln wanted to deport all the black people, yea, its true. Civil War wasnt about slavery. Stupid snowflakes melting the truth.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Be prepared...there will be a certain troll to come & inform you how wrong you are about your history & how correct this certain mayor & councilman are correct in their decision.
            Im preparing. I bet this troll thinks the holocaust didnt happen and we went to ww2 over a really bad moustache.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Doesn't effect it yet. Slippery slope. It isn't just about a statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                Doesn't effect it yet. Slippery slope. It isn't just about a statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                not imo. just another sensationalized topic.

Comment

Apathy is a very dangerous, and quite honestly, selfish thing. But I'm not surprised by your response.

Comment

You will be affected by the effects of this political movement, soon. It's already happened on the University of Texas campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      Apathy is a very dangerous, and quite honestly, selfish thing. But I'm not surprised by your response.
                      im far from apathetic. i just dont care about this particular issue. a person cannot put 100% of their time/thought/effort into every issue.

but, im not surprised by the judgement and false assumptions.

OP asked for my thoughts and I gave them to him. I dont need someone telling me which issues I should get behind. or telling me im lazy. you obviously dont know me.

Comment

No assumptions here. I'm well aware of what you post. Lazy? Not sure how you came to that conclusion. As far as knowing you, well, it matters not. We would not get along anyway, I assure you.

Comment

Ok. Thanks for your response. I can respect that. But I am curious, what if enough people here in Texas from Spanish/Mexican descent started saying all the monumnents to the heros of the Texas Revolution were offensive to them and wanted them removed? Or the SAN Jacinto monument torn down? How would you feel about that? Those things are as much a part of Texas history as the monuments in NOLA are to that cities history and the South's in general.
                          I'm not trying to debate you just trying to gage at what point would you be bothered by certain groups trying to change history.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                            Ok. Thanks for your response. I can respect that. But I am curious, what if enough people here in Texas from Spanish/Mexican descent started saying all the monumnents to the heros of the Texas Revolution were offensive to them and wanted them removed? Or the SAN Jacinto monument torn down? How would you feel about that? Those things are as much a part of Texas history as the monuments in NOLA are to that cities history and the South's in general.

I'm not trying to debate you just trying to gage at what point would you be bothered by certain groups trying to change history.

Excellent analogy.

Comment

Removing statues and flags isn't now nor has it ever been about showing a level of sympathy or feelings for a certain group of people........ Its all about hiding history from future generations...... The REAL question is why would someone, our government, want to hide history about your people rising up against an oppressive
                              government??????????????? Just something to ponder on..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                Removing statues and flags isn't now nor has it ever been about showing a level of sympathy or feelings for a certain group of people........ Its all about hiding history from future generations...... The REAL question is why would someone, our government, want to hide history about your people rising up against an oppressive
                                government??????????????? Just something to ponder on..
                                And this is the real question that needs to be asked!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X