One lease spot available Comfort,Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One lease spot available Comfort,Tx

We have one spot available on our lease of 1300 acres. It's a pretty laid back atmosphere, but the two biggest rules that some people may not like is, no guests and no bow hunting. 2,000 per gun. If anyone is interested, my dad will be handling this so give him a call at 512-484-1179. calls only, he doesn't text.

Sounds like a sweet spot especially if it has axis

Comment

Utilities? Camp site? Normal Limits?

More information might help ya out.

Comment

Yeah, I know it's kind of a lot to type and my dad just wanted to explain things over the phone. Here's a small run down. Yes it is covered in axis and a small population of black buck. The landowner's family has been leasing to hunters since 1930 and the rules have not changed. You are allowed two bucks, one of which may be an axis. No does, I know but it's his rules. Unlimited hogs, we have plenty. No turkey hunting. We share a primitive remote cabin, landowner trucks in water and we use a generator for power.

Comment

Oh and we run seven hunters. The landowner gave us more land this year so we need another hunter. Everyone that hunted last year is staying on.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
            Yeah, I know it's kind of a lot to type and my dad just wanted to explain things over the phone. Here's a small run down. Yes it is covered in axis and a small population of black buck. The landowner's family has been leasing to hunters since 1930 and the rules have not changed. You are allowed two bucks, one of which may be an axis. No does, I know but it's his rules. Unlimited hogs, we have plenty. No turkey hunting. We share a primitive remote cabin, landowner trucks in water and we use a generator for power.
            Year round access? Predator / Hog Hunting at night during the off-season? Also, I may have missed it but where is this place at?
            Last edited by -HIC-; 01-18-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Just for clarification. NO GUESTS WHATSOEVER. Not even wife/kids? Sorry if I'm being dense.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                Year round access? Predator / Hog Hunting at night during the off-season? Also, I may have missed it but where is this place at?
                Comfort as title says

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Comfort as title says
                  Lol, I missed that. On the main page I just saw 'One Lease Spot Available'.

Comment

NO DOES! Game management circa 1900.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                      Just for clarification. NO GUESTS WHATSOEVER. Not even wife/kids? Sorry if I'm being dense.
                      X2?

Comment

Where is this lease located in relation to Comfort? I hope family can go also

Comment

I don't think predator hunting at night would be allowed even during the offseason. The rancher likes to keep things fairly quiet so the exotics stay on his ranch. You might be able to bring a guest during the offseason, but that would be up to the landowner on a case by case basis. We have an outhouse and a primitive shower and bunk beds. My wife would kill me if I took her there for a weekend. This would be good spot for a single guy that doesn't mind sharing a small primitive cabin with six other guys.

Comment

Just spoke with him, paid hunters only, no guest. Due to the size of the cabin and the Landowners rules. Man if it wasn't for that I be all over it

Comment

We picked up the extra acres because the other guys got caught with a bunch of extra people and they were told to leave. So the no guest rule is pretty solid this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X