No announcement yet.

Hunting with a cough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take along a dish rag. Stuff your mouth with it and bite down. Kind of cover your mouth with the rest of it and cough. You'll be surprised!!

Example....If it was layed out flat. Pinch dead center and pick it up. Choke it with the other hand about dead center as it's draping down. Bite on the top half, relatively, and ball up the bottom portion in your hand and use it to cover your mouth.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BowPro73; 01-14-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Hunting with a cough.............is a PITA!!

I hold it back till I just can’t stand it anymore, then finally give up and cough away to get it out of my system!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
        Take along a dish rag. Stuff your mouth with it and bite down. Kind of cover your mouth with the rest of it and cough. You'll be surprised!!

Example....If it was layed out flat. Pinch dead center and pick it up. Choke it with the other hand about dead center as it's draping down. Bite on the top half, relatively, and ball up the bottom portion in your hand and use it to cover your mouth.

And when yall get the visual of my example, this thread just might change directions on the topic!!! [emoji14]

Comment

Or heck....... cough into a duck call. I don't imagine deer are scared of ducks!!

Comment

Cough drops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hold a rag tight against your mouth when you cough.
              I hear the cows on my lease coughing all the time or at least sounding like a cough and a deer cant tell if its a hunter or a cow.
              I had a fit with deer inside 50 yds and not one even raised its head

Comment

I don’t have alot of time to hunt. Maybe 1 day a week. If I get the chance to go I go. I went one time and had to cough frequently. Coughed into my hand. After one cough it wasn’t but a few minutes and a deer showed up. Found if you take a drink when you feel it coming it will help most of the time.

Comment

I bought one of the baffles from Amazon a few years back. It's called the cough silencer. Haven't used it other than fake coughing into it to see if it works.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I take one of these:

...and carry a bag of these:

Comment

Fisherman's Friend

Comment

I’ve never let a cough effect whether I hunt or not.

Comment

I use a cough suppressor that I bought about 10 years ago, never had a deer spooked while using it.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                            How many of would hunt or have hunted with a cough and chest congestion? Howd u handle the potential cough attack?
                            Stay home or go fishing

Comment

get some mucinex d you will have to sign for it and some cough drops.

Comment

I had 4 bucks under me last week, all within 18 yards and after fighting it forever I couldn't hold it anymore. Thought I was going to puke fighting it off. COOOUUUGH.....they never looked up. Lol. Blew my mind

Comment

Working...
                                X