No announcement yet.

Hunting lease rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell him not a good fit or you are going to have him, his friends, his son's, and his son's friends all out there. Also, he is demanding you write up a set of rules on YOUR lease. BYE!

Comment

A good lease had a good set of written rules. Ours is so good there are 3 or 4 sets and none of them match!

With that being said if he is already questioning a rule that he has been told about and wanting to see it written.......adios and NEXT!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all comments. My bad on posting in wrong section.

Comment

We had this situation last year, one guy was letting his 16 year old son go to the lease by himself, he was all over our trail cameras riding around with his friends, smoking cigarettes in blinds, shooting stuff and not logging it in to the kill book...we had to get the landowner involved to put a stop to it. The printed rule read "All guests must be accompanied by a lease member at all times", the guy just didn't understand the difference between "lease member" and "family member" and "guest". We bought his spot for this year, little more money but a lot less worry.

Comment

Tell him u run the lease and u make the rules. If he don't like it he can find another lease. This guy is trouble, don't let him on.

Comment

While it is a good idea to write down your rules for a number of reasons, there are some problems no amount of rule writing will fix.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Sent

Comment

I don't think I would pay to join a lease without written rules (access, guests, etc.). It makes things much more clear between lessee and lessor.

Comment

No grown sons or daughters, we allow sons or daughter under 18 and using the dads allotment.....

Comment

I will be the first to say, I am not a fan of all kinds of lease rules. However, having written lease rules keeps everyone on the same page and understanding what is expected, for everyone.

I know it's your lease and you make the rules, that sentiment is evident on this thread, whether or not you put them in writing is the difference. Playing the devil's advocate, you may not want to post them as you could be a violater? The last two instances of lease rule infractions that I dealt with in SE Texas involved the lease managers breaking the very rules that they adamantly enforced to everyone else on the lease. It goes both ways. I can understand your point but written rules keep everyone on the same page.

Comment

Someone more reasonable will pay. Give him his money back.

Comment

Leasee must be there with guest shooting off his tag allotment. Won't work any other way and may be why some leases don't allow guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had to think about our "rules" at our family camp... we're pretty lighthearted!

At camp:
                            -have fun
                            -Cut wood if the stack is low
                            -Clean the dishes if you're leaving
                            -don't sit in my wife's field
                            -don't sit in my SIL's field
                            -don't lock the gate
                            -no beer cans in the trash (crush and recycle)

Hunting:
                            -have fun
                            -try to make it an 8 point or better and outside the ears (15") for adults. You'll get harrassed if you kill a dinky one...
                            -kids shoot any deer

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                              Yeah....if you tell him he sons can't hunt an he wants a printed list of rules I'd tell him the fit isn't right and find a new guy
                              Have to agree with this, seems like a PITA to deal with. It's one thing to ask, "Hey, my son is on leave from the military, can he come hunt this weekend on one of my tags?" It's another to have the attitude that if you paid for something your entire family is entitled to it. It doesn't work that way at Golden Corral, and it doesn't at the lease, unless it's designated as "family friendly."

Comment

Originally posted by tom125446 View Post
                                I don't think I would pay to join a lease without written rules (access, guests, etc.). It makes things much more clear between lessee and lessor.
                                I get where you're coming from as a stranger wanting to maintain a good reputation. I think in the OP's instance it's a case of him asking something like, "please don't shoot a bunch of pigs you're not willing to clean and eat, we like to save them for the kids", then the guy asks to see where that is written down, implying he will do whatever he wants.

Comment

Working...
                                X