No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 9 months of keto I finally got fed up with my wife’s nagging and went in for a physical on Good Friday. Got labs back today and all my numbers were within normal range, even on the good side of normal! Only deficiency was vitamin D so they said start with 1000IU with meal once a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      After 9 months of keto I finally got fed up with my wife’s nagging and went in for a physical on Good Friday. Got labs back today and all my numbers were within normal range, even on the good side of normal! Only deficiency was vitamin D so they said start with 1000IU with meal once a day.

Sounds like you need more sun to tan that hot bod!! Congrats

Comment

I take it the wife was worried about all the fats you are eating? Good to hear all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
          I take it the wife was worried about all the fats you are eating? Good to hear all is well.

Yes, like so many people just not a believer in keto. Also worried because my bro just had a stint put in and heart disease runs in my family (he’s 7 years older). At 44 I’m gonna see a cardiologist for the first time just as a precaution. No symptoms other than my HR has been higher than normal when jogging at the same pace lately. Recovery is faster than ever though and my resting HR has been creeping lower the last few months.

Comment

Yes, like so many people just not a believer in keto. Also worried because my bro just had a stint put in and heart disease runs in my family (he’s 7 years older). At 44 I’m gonna see a cardiologist for the first time just as a precaution. No symptoms other than my HR has been higher than normal when jogging at the same pace lately. Recovery is faster than ever though and my resting HR has been creeping lower the last few months.

Sounds like things are heading in the right direction for ya. Age and genetics play a big difference. I'll be 45 in 12 days. I see my MD twice a year for blood work. I'm hoping to lose enough weight to get off the blood pressure medication. Hypertension and cholesterol are big in my family. **** genetics.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
              Now you’re talking!!! Congrats!!! How many months?

Started Keto last Oct.

Comment

Hit 257.6 on the scale this am. Total loss is 30 lbs since 1/2/18. Started off at 288. Not super duper strict, I do find myself enjoying life every other weekend with some beer, margarita's and chips and salsa. Only 2 drinks max. I've also incorporated IF in to my regiment.

Comment

Congrats Ice! I finally hit 41lbs today then I had a business dinner tonight and everybody wanted to stop for beer after[emoji849]. Sipping my dieter tea now which will mean a brutal 4am wake up. Gearing up for 6 days on the road and trying to plan how I will stay on track.

Comment

Congrats Ice! I finally hit 41lbs today then I had a business dinner tonight and everybody wanted to stop for beer after[emoji849]. Sipping my dieter tea now which will mean a brutal 4am wake up. Gearing up for 6 days on the road and trying to plan how I will stay on track.

Thank ya sir!

Comment

To go along with Keto... no more sitting down on the job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ive been eating super strict Keto for the last 5 days.. Just did a test strip and Im still not in full ketosis. Kinda has me bummed.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          Ive been eating super strict Keto for the last 5 days.. Just did a test strip and Im still not in full ketosis. Kinda has me bummed.
                          Keep at it. It'll happen. Took me a good while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Did the Longhorn Run (5k) with my kid this morning. Haven’t seen a scale since Monday but have great expectations it’s been a good week.

Last edited by TexaRican; 04-14-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

My scale hasn’t budged in 2 weeks. Not sure what’s happening, but it’s pretty discouraging. Hopefully something will change. I may splurge tomorrow.

Comment

I tried keto, was the worst five days of my life. To each their own but I threw in the towel! I could not functiin at work or at home feeling that bad. Congratulations to those of you that have benefited from it!

Comment

Working...
                                X