No announcement yet.

Houston Rodeo CHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I was shown by a trooper when I asked him about it.

Comment

Highly doubt 51% of sales are alcohol. Also, premise is defined as the physical building that the rodeo is being held. Therefore the grounds of the fair dont count, only the arena during the rodeo.
      In past years, I've known plenty of people who would carry to the concerts, and around the grounds, but had to return to the car for rodeo. Shouldnt be any different than the state fair. It's been ruled that we can carry to the fair so how is rodeo any different. If it is state or local government property then, as said before, they can't deny you the right to carry.

Comment

Rodeos are sporting events, correct? I'm pretty sure that I learned in my CHL class, that you can't carry at sporting events.

Comment

Originally posted by BMowatt View Post
          I have to question their "security scan". Went to the BBQ cook off last night. Going into the check station they had to see my money clip which has a magnet in it. They never questioned the knife in my front pocket.
          So they checking every person or just random people?

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
            Highly doubt 51% of sales are alcohol. Also, premise is defined as the physical building that the rodeo is being held. Therefore the grounds of the fair dont count, only the arena during the rodeo.
            In past years, I've known plenty of people who would carry to the concerts, and around the grounds, but had to return to the car for rodeo. Shouldnt be any different than the state fair. It's been ruled that we can carry to the fair so how is rodeo any different. If it is state or local government property then, as said before, they can't deny you the right to carry.

Originally posted by RODEO View Post
            Rodeos are sporting events, correct?
            My thoughts exactly

Comment

If it's anything like the Texas State Fair you can let a cop know your carrying when you come through the gate.

Comment

i thought rodeo would be considered a sporting event meaning no carry allowed.

Comment

Rodeos are sporting events, correct? I'm pretty sure that I learned in my CHL class, that you can't carry at sporting events.
                  Rodeo isnt in the fair grounds...cannot carry into the rodeo event.(reliant stadium)

Comment

Anyone confirm this.. Yes or no.... Just curious to see the aftermath.

Comment

Originally posted by morris View Post

Everyone

Comment

You're correct but what they're discussing is the livestock show portion. Not the actual rodeo. They're 2 separate events.

Ike

Comment

Originally posted by morris View Post
                          We always enter thru the exhibitor entrance and I have never seen them scan anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyBee View Post
                            We always enter thru the exhibitor entrance and I have never seen them scan anybody.
                            Same here and I have always carried!

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                              I emailed for clarification. I suspect they won't respond.
                              Any reply?

Comment

You are allowed to carry all over the grounds, however, that stops when you try to enter the stadium to see the rodeo.

Comment

Working...
                                X