Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet. nice job

Comment

I would weld the barrels together....also raise the tube to 43" above ground level. Looks nice, be extra careful filling it....two 55 gal drums together is tall...

Comment

The band I have on my setup is almost as strong as a weld. The guys attempting to put the barrels on the stand the first go round dropped it hard enough I had to re-round the opening. The band held up nicely. Its a very tight fit and it is not coming apart.

Granted it is a extra heavy band with a 1/2 bolt and nuts used for tightening. The band in the pic was too loose so I replaced it before putting it out.

My spout is sitting at 39" from the ground. I read alot of opinions and it ranged from 37" to 45"

I have a 1300 sqft hog panel pen around it so that should keep out the unwanted animals.

DP
        DP

Comment

What was the estimated material cost?

Comment

I built 2 of them for $75 each. This includes: 1 Galvanized Lid and Cone, 2 Barrels, and 2.5# of 3/32 6011 welding rods.

I have a supply of drill pipe and assorted iron so I do not have a price on that.

DP

Comment

I like your design, after being in the field for a couple of years, anything you would do different or redesign?

Comment

Working...
              X