Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
    I met a guy from Comfort about 5 years ago who told me that at one point in time, there was only one game warden that covered the 4 surrounding counties. That is a lot of land for one officer. The guy said you could get away with murder out there. Kids drive through the outskirts of town and shoot deer out of peoples' front yards.
    I have hunted in Comfort for years, and can tell you first hand I have seen 10 in the Shell station in Comfort getting coffee. We now have a place in Sonora as well and I have seen 2 in the last couple weeks driving around. Hope they catch these guys pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
      I have hunted in Comfort for years, and can tell you first hand I have seen 10 in the Shell station in Comfort getting coffee. We now have a place in Sonora as well and I have seen 2 in the last couple weeks driving around. Hope they catch these guys pretty soon.
      Good to hear. Either the guy that told me this was completely full of it, or they've really ramped up their efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward54 View Post
        Just a heads up for anyone hunting down Harrell road we have found a couple road hunted deer just shot and left out for the buzzards on our places. GW thinks it might be kids joy riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've had the same problems. They said its kids from Junction.

Comment

Maybe hide some cams watching the road.

Comment

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Originally posted by Edward54 View Post
            Just a heads up for anyone hunting down Harrell road we have found a couple road hunted deer just shot and left out for the buzzards on our places. GW thinks it might be kids joy riding.

Saw a dead axis just past our gate. I'm glad we are couple miles off the county road.

Comment

Just got back from hunting off hwy55 at canyon ranch. Shooting and stalking axis with a bow is tough. Managed a doe and missed 2 bucks due to misjudging the yardage. Had a great time. Water standing in roads and creek beds. Extremely green and had lots of new growth from recent rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                Saw a dead axis just past our gate. I'm glad we are couple miles off the county road.

Probably killed by the same people. It is just upsetting to walk up and see a young axis buck huge body killed and left to rot.

Comment

It was 34 degrees in Sonora this morning... pretty nice for an early season cold snap. Hopefully it gets the bigger bucks up and moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                    It was 34 degrees in Sonora this morning... pretty nice for an early season cold snap. Hopefully it gets the bigger bucks up and moving.
                    A chilly 34° I might add. I was ready for the cooler weather but it seems the deer weren’t. Very little movement here.

Comment

Bummer. Would have thought differently. Activity has been good at our place, just not many mature bucks.

Comment

Lack of mature deer is astounding. Plenty of young bucks to go around. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before they quit being lazy and get on their feet.

Comment

Every year at this time the mature deer go into hiding for some reason, I have seen it happen for 12 years now. They typically start coming back out beginning of December if you have the patience to wait on them.

Comment

We usually see ours through bow season before they disappear.

Comment

Got lots of doe and young bucks hitting the feeders, but like most of yall not seeing the mature bucks. Not even on camera. Front got the deer moving on our place past two days and deer are coming in on a trot to the feeder. Hoping all the action will bring in a mature buck.

Comment

Well it sounds like all we gotta do is put some hours in the blind and hope we are in the right place when that switch gets flipped.

Comment

Working...
                                X