View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #27
riverbowman
Eight Point

Depending on the day, you can have a blast in the surf about the last hour of sunlight just throwing a white swim bait or using cut up squid. I have found it best when the water is a little less than the typical clarity. A little choppy is better too. All kinds of stuff will hit that swim bait and you can usually catch whiting one after another on squid, really close into shore.

As mentioned, the Jetties can be a really fun. Fish evening or early morning. Waste of time during the day. All kinds of stuff will hit top water or got-cha plugs (gold with orange head).

My kids prefer the gotcha plugs because the really big gaff-top catfish come up and hammer those. They fight unbelievably hard for their size. They're nasty so we use pliers to shake them off the hook. Also, their fins hurt about ten times more than a fresh water cat. A bad ***** can ruin an entire fishing outing.

i don't know if it's black snapper season or not, but if so it's worth catching them on live shrimp on the jetties.

Biggest piece of advice.... go to half-hitch tackle shop. They are super knowledgeable.
riverbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top