X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
      The tab looks nice. I have made a few different style tabs and they all work. The one thing that I incorporate is a nylon or leather loop so I can hang the tab over the limb secured between the bow string when not in use. The loop prevents lost tabs.

You mentioned silicone, what kind do you use? I have used Camp-Dry in the past, just curious if something works better.
      I was going to check with Rick but he suggested using coconut oil instead so I'll try that.

Comment

Well I rubbed coconut oil into the ballistic nylon and the string really does seem to just slip off of the tab. As soon as I relax the fingers the shaft is gone. It seems as though it will be difficult to pluck the string using the tab.

I'm now trying to figure out my new anchor points. I was using my middle finger at the corner of my mouth but it's covered up by the tab now.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
          Well I rubbed coconut oil into the ballistic nylon and the string really does seem to just slip off of the tab. As soon as I relax the fingers the shaft is gone. It seems as though it will be difficult to pluck the string using the tab.

I'm now trying to figure out my new anchor points. I was using my middle finger at the corner of my mouth but it's covered up by the tab now.
          Trust me - There's always a way to "pluck" the string.
          Don't ask me how I know that.

The coconut oil definitely helps though.

If your tab is covering the tips of your fingers when curled at draw, then the tab is to long.
          A proper length will expose just enough of your finger tips to easily get to & feel your anchor.

Rick
          Last edited by RickBarbee; 02-09-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
            Trust me - There's always a way to "pluck" the string.
            Don't ask me how I know that.

The coconut oil definitely helps though.

If your tab is covering the tips of your fingers when curled at draw, then the tab is to long.
            A proper length will expose just enough of your finger tips to easily get to & feel your anchor.

Rick
            Ok, I'll trim it back some.

Comment

Made a Tab

If yours fingertips can’t touch your face, your tab is too big! Trim it back some!!!!

It should look something like this in an open hand:

Edit: Looks like Rick already beat me to it!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the pic Bisch, that gives me a good example to go by.

Comment

Fancy smancy. Bring one or two to the Shoot Out, will buy them from you. I make mine out of my old wore out boots and they look like it.

Comment

Did not know that Bisch.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                      Fancy smancy. Bring one or two to the Shoot Out, will buy them from you. I make mine out of my old wore out boots and they look like it.
                      Ok. Come to me and Jerry H's camp. We put on a good feed bag and a warm fire.

Comment

Dang. How could I turn an offer like that down. Give me a hint what part y'all gonna Be in.

Comment

Dang. How could I turn an offer like that down. Give me a hint what part y'all gonna Be in.
                          Tent or camper ??

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Did not know that Bisch.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Almost (but there are expections) every case of a tab slapping the face is due to the tab being too big.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tent or camper ??
                              We will be over in the generator section. Camper. Gray Tundra pickup.

Comment

We will be over in the generator section. Camper. Gray Tundra pickup.
                                Good deal, me too. Red Ford and a casita

Comment

Working...
                                X