No announcement yet.

"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great story and hella good deer! gonna be a fun season for you this upcoming year!

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

You have one heck of a set up! Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Did you ever find any sheds out there from that stud?

Comment

heck no, i found one matching set from a small 8pter and a few small forks but nothing from the bigger bucks. i have cameras out around the property right now trying to find where he is bedding, i was never able to nail down a good trail for him last year and am hoping to this summer.

Comment

I have a little piece of heaven like that to hunt too, but in the last several months the deer have just totally vanished. It's weird I would have 300-400 pictures on the trail cam every week or two now its literally nothing. I just don't get why!

Comment

I've noticed deer tend to disappear from my place at certain times as well. I like to think they "migrate" to a spot for the spring and another area during the winter at times. This may only be a mile or 2, but I always see different deer in the winter.

Comment

the bigger bucks on my place tend to stay close and eat all my food all spring and summer and then disappear once bow season starts, which is why i am trying some new tactics for improving my feed and bedding areas. the does are there all year except for about 4-6 weeks in october/november after the acorns crop, they are very hit and miss until the acorns are gone then they show back up.

Comment

Have much of any antler growth yet?

Comment

My place is just the opposite.....I hardly see any mature bucks during the spring/summer but come Sept I start seeing lots of different bucks all the way until spring warmup.

They definitely have their seasonal patterns. I've only owned my place for 3 years now and I'm hoping to change that over time with offering them as much year round food as I can in one location every single year.

Comment

i am seeing a few inches of growth on the bucks now, the only mature buck i recognize right now is the big one, he has a distinct look to his face and body and he is the biggest one out there.

Comment

I just hope the main buck I was after comes back because he was a dandy. Guess we will have to see what shows up again in August!

Comment

well good luck with it man, get us some pics!

Comment

Same to you! I'll try and get some!

Comment

It's hard to manage small acreage but a fun challenge just the same. Hopefully you can cross paths with the big one next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X