The battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The battle

The wife and I have been literally killing the white perch on conroe for the past 2 weeks. Today she was doing quite well with her minners and had already caught several big perch when I heard her drag singing. She said I'm gonna need the net on this one. It was an op about 25/30 lbs and was a real battle. I missed him with the net on the 1st attempt and he went ballistic. She got him up to the boat 3 more times and I could not get him into the net. I made the fatal mistake of grabbing her line to pull him into the net and he broke off. BOY.. You talk about some horrible looks. She got her another minner and in just a few seconds I hear drag singing again. I said are you hung up or what? She said I need the net again. I redeemed myself and will live to see another day. Although not as big as the one that broke off she forgave me. Also caught 8 more bags of crappie fillets
    Click image for larger version

Name:	big cat 4-9-08.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	24728641

I think we need to change your name to Dr. Crappie.

Comment

Great Story.

Sure would love to see the other one.

Glad she forgave you..

Comment

thats a nice cat. dang i need to go fishin

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Man ya'll have been tearin' 'em up.To the Mrs. congrats on the yeller.

Comment

Nice. You are on fire this year. Congrats to the Mrs. on the "flathead".
              >E

Comment

You guys sure have been doing good lately.

Comment

Alright, I've had enough of this. Post up the creeks you are fishing!!

Very nice cat!

Comment

You had better get it together or she won't take you along any more.

Comment

Very nice....puttin' a smack down on the sac-a-lait...

Comment

sweet congrats........

Comment

Working...
                        X